Social Media Manager
Title: Social Media Manager
Hours: Full time, hours vary with events, overtime exempt. Occasional weekend and evening hours.
Compensation: Competitive; commensurate with experience
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
Description: The Social Media Manager creates digital content to support the mission and programming of the Independence Seaport Museum. They work on department strategy and the implementation, curation, and production, including, but not limited to, social media, videos, and e-mail communications.
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, digital marketing, or a related field required. General background and interest in history, education and/or environmental science preferred.
· Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in social media content creation and strategy
· Experience with video editing and compilation required
· Previous experience in a museum, historical society or similar organization is preferred
· Excellent writing, editing, and research skills, and ability to frame and draft compelling messages required
· Knowledge of HTML and CSS preferred
· Knowledge of SEO and SEM helpful
· Experience with Adobe Design Suite or similar design software
· Strong project-management and organizational skills
· Friendly, organized, reliable, flexible, patient, enthusiastic team player
· Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated is defined as at least two weeks after your final dose. Medical and religious exemptions will apply.
- Actively manage and engage the Museum’s social media channels and work collegially across various departments to create exciting and engaging content.
- Curate all digital content, including video and website content, to ensure uniformity of the ISM brand and to build a great experience for on-line followers.
- Research and recommend features, functions, and solutions to create compelling digital content that enhances Independence Seaport Museum’s ability to reach and engage a broader constituency.
- Provide graphic design for social media content as needed.
- Drive and increase social media following and engagement.
- Serve as editor and content source for e-newsletters, including database management.
- Manage Independence Seaport Museum’s website, including maintenance and content updates.
- Manage metrics reporting and analysis of the website performance and online communications efforts.
The Independence Seaport Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity, inclusion, and equity as matters of fairness and effectiveness. We are committed to hiring and retaining a staff that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, fostering an inclusive working environment where staff of all backgrounds feel welcomed and engaged in our mission. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply to this position directly at https://phillyseaport.efficientapply.com/jobs/. No phone calls.
Independence Seaport Museum allows visitors to discover Philadelphia’s river of history and world of connections. . For more information, please visit www.phillyseaport.org.
We are located on Penn’s Landing at 211 S. Columbus Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19106. The Museum is easily accessible by public transportation and nearby parking and is ADA accessible.