Program Coordinator OR Program Manager - Project on Nuclear Issues
At CSIS we actively seek to employ a diverse group of people who embody our organizational values. We welcome and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply, especially those from traditionally underrepresented groups.
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decisionmakers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of some 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
CSIS is seeking a full-time Program Coordinator or Program Manager to join the Project on Nuclear Issues (PONI) to contribute to PONI’s mission of developing the next generation of nuclear experts and leading cutting-edge research on a range of nuclear issues. The PC/PM will primarily be responsible for managing PONI’s programmatic portfolio (e.g. private and public conferences, workshops, simulations/table top exercises, etc.) to play a key role in advancing PONI’s initiatives. The ideal candidate will have experience developing, planning, and executing programmatic activities, exceptional attention to detail and interest in and/or experience with managing budgets. The candidate reports to Heather Williams, Director, Project on Nuclear Issues and Senior Fellow, International Security Program.
The salary range for this position is between $55,000 and $65,000 for a PC and between $58,000 and $70,000 for a PM. Final salary is competitive and based on candidate’s qualifications and skillset.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential functions and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following
- Organizes and coordinates logistics for program events including meetings, briefings, roundtables, dialogues, international exchanges, and major conferences;
- Maintains and updates PONI websites and communications, including social media;
- Assists in outreach and recruitment for participation in PONI programs;
- Assists with day-to-day monitoring and managing elements of the program budget and closely coordinates with Finance and Accounting.
- Other administrative and tasks as needed.
- Previous experience working on nuclear issues is not required, as this is a largely programmatic and administrative role.
- This position will require 2-4 trips a year.
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute events and conferences;
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple projects under tight deadlines;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to operate both independently and on a team;
- Ability to interact with and respond to questions from a range of individuals with diverse interests and backgrounds;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Performances of duties require the use of hands to finger, handle, or feel. The job frequently requires ability to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to https://careers.csis.org.