Public Aid Eligibility Assistant (Option Spanish Speaking) #20174 Chicago
Job Title: Public Aid Eligibility Assistant (Option Spanish Speaking) #20174 Chicago
Agency: Department of Human Services
Opening Date: 11/28/2022
Closing Date/Time: 12/09/2022
Salary: Anticipated Salary: $3,367 - $4,552 per month
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Posting Identification Number: 10-91-20174
Work Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Work Location: 1642 W 59th St Chicago, IL 60636-1735 Family and Community Services
Region 1 South Mid-South FCRC
Please click on the link to apply online: https://illinois.jobs2web.com/job-invite/20174/
Under direct supervision, conducts screening for application eligibility, and provides general information on available programs to applicants. Identify and sort documents coming into the Family Community Resource Center (FCRC). Determines documents destination, scans, and uploads to the eligibility system ensuring all clearances are included with all applications for each Department Program. Prepares files protecting customers’ confidential information, performs office receptionist duties, answers inquiries and/or directs the person to professional staff, and enters information into the eligibility systems. Translates functions/procedures into Spanish for individuals who cannot read or speak English, in contact with the public, advocacy groups, customers, and community organizations.
1. Conducts screening for application eligibility and provides general information on available programs to applicants.
2. Identify and sort documents coming into the Family Community Resource Center (FCRC).
3. Prepares files protecting customers’ confidential information.
4. Translates functions/procedures into Spanish for individuals who cannot speak or read English, in contact with the public, advocacy groups, customers, and community organizations.
5. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
1. Requires knowledge, skill, and mental development equivalent to the completion of high school and requires one (1) year of clerical supportive experience in the Department of Human Services
equivalent training or experience.
2. Requires the ability to speak, read and write Spanish at a colloquial skill level.
About the Agency
The Illinois Department of Human Services serves families in need across Illinois. Our mission is to provide equitable access to social services, support programs, and resources to enhance the lives of all whom we serve. We are committed to the core values of Human Dignity, Equity, Community, Urgency, Transparency, and Kindness.
As a State of Illinois Employee, you will receive a robust benefits package that includes the following:
• A Pension Program
• Competitive Group Insurance Benefits including Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• 3 Paid Personal Business Days annually
• 12 Paid Sick Days annually (Sick days carry over from year to year)
• 13 Paid Holidays annually, 14 on even-numbered years
• Flexible Work Schedules (when available dependent upon position)
• 10-25 Days of Paid Vacation time annually - (10 days in year one of employment)
• 10 Weeks of Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
• Deferred Compensation Program - A supplemental retirement plan
• Optional Pre-Tax Programs such as Medical Care Assistance Plan (MCAP), Dependent Care Assistance Plan (DCAP)
• Tuition Reimbursement Program and Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligibility
• 5% Salary Differential for Bilingual Positions
• Commuter Savings Program (Chicago only)
For more information about our benefits please follow this link: https://www2.illinois.gov/cms/benefits/Pages/default.aspx