Audience Development Manager
The Mission: Endeavor Business Media is a rapidly growing US-based B2B media and events company founded in 2017. Endeavor’s mission is to deliver the highest-quality content in the B2B markets we serve and to do so in the various, multi- channel formats that today’s industry professionals demand. From informative e-newsletters to in-depth monthly magazines to curated in-person events, Endeavor Business Media is committed to providing the best opportunities for professionals to stay knowledgeable and connect with marketplace colleagues that drive their industry forward.
The Team: Endeavor places a high importance on its data-driven core values of accountability, continuous improvement and being passionate about value creation in an environment that maintains minimal politics, directional clarity, high productivity, and low turnover among good people. These values are adopted at all levels of the company across every sphere and give the company its operational advantage. Our departments and operating businesses have autonomy and place a high value on meritocracy, with a commitment to providing individuals with opportunities for growth and development.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for the acquisition and maintenance of a defined audience base for a group of magazines/brands through planning, development, budgeting and sales of applicable products and services. They will be the strategic leader of the audience lifecycle management, including new subscribers/user acquisition, retention, and engagement with the goal of increasing the overall audience database for the assigned brands.
This person must be prepared to manage a broad spectrum of responsibilities related to magazine fulfillment, data management, vendor interactions, troubleshooting issues and opportunities, campaign tracking, and process optimization.
This position will work directly with EVPs, publishers, editors, marketers, sales, and analysts throughout the organization to implement best practices on obtaining and nurturing the audience.
Audience Acquisition and Maintenance
- Develop and execute subscriber renewal/acquisition efforts using a multi-channel approach to include direct mail, email, and telemarketing, and including price negotiations with vendors where applicable
- Research, develop and maintain a prospect file from outside list sources including association rosters and directories, trade show/event lists, manufacturer and/or distributor lists and other B2B list sources to build/enhance print and online audience files
- Examine and evaluate promotional costs to determine ROI and effectiveness by type of effort
- Develop and monitor the audience lifecycle to identify opportunities to increase conversions
- Analyze and interpret audience data to monitor campaign progress and new or existing audience trends; makes recommendations and reports progress to Publishers and Vice Presidents
- Collaborate with sales and editorial leadership to establish goals. Create audience development strategies to grow new audiences
- Implement multiple tactics as appropriate including: Email, List Acquisition, Banner Ads, Content Marketing, Paid Search, Paid Social, Online Agents, Omeda CDP tools, Association and Event Partnerships
- Seek out and implement new tactics to continually improve results
- Analyze results and optimize campaigns
- Update acquisition and retention campaigns (lead warming, welcome, demo capture and renewal programs)
- Following best practices, update current nurture, new name, and renewal campaigns
- Monitor results and make recommendations on database attrition
- Work closely with editorial to implement acquisition tactics throughout online content
- Provide reports as needed on other tactics
- Monitor audience development integrated campaign performance metrics to identify use trends
Audits (Postal, 3rd Party, Internal)
- Develop and maintain audit coding policies/procedures for print and digital properties as applicable
- Prepare and file semi-annual audit publisher’s statements, annual audit statement and electronic data transfers in compliance with audit firm rules and regulations
- Manage/maintain USPS standards for Periodicals Mail Class
- Maintain Statement of Ownership spreadsheet and oversee annual filing with USPS. File necessary paperwork as required for publication name changes, entry at additional post offices and changes in publishing frequency
- Serve as a liaison with printer(s), post office and other outside vendors to ensure production and mail dates are met for audit guidelines and schedule integrity
- Maintain a good working knowledge of U.S. Postal rules/regulations
Budget and Strategy
- Collaborate with publishing group(s) to establish an annual audience plan and strategy for audience growth and acquisition
- Following established best practices, develop and execute plans to achieve those goals on budget and on time
- Collaborate with group VPs to ensure acquisition costs are in line with publication goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
- 2+ years online/web related marketing experience
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization, including Directors, VPs and Publishers
- Background in audience development, marketing, or promotion; financial/budgeting/ROI applications, audits; database applications and/or social media
- Experience working with Microsoft Power Point, Excel and Word
- Analytical skills, flexibility, team oriented
- Relevant experience in online marketing
- Approximately 10% travel
- Experience with Email Service Providers such as Omeda
- Solid value proposition copywriting skills
- Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and Acrobat PDF
To all current EBM employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listings.
We offer competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), generous PTO & paid holidays. For consideration, please complete our online application and send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement.
Endeavor Business Media is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, compensation, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status.