Durational Human Rights And Opportunities Trainee
At the State of Connecticut, Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities (CHRO), our mission is to eliminate discrimination through civil and human rights law enforcement and to establish equal opportunity and justice for all persons within the state through advocacy and education.
We are currently recruiting for Durational Human Rights and Opportunities Trainees with the target class of Human Rights and Opportunities Complaint Intake Officer. This role has a Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm schedule and will be located at our Central Office, 450 Columbus Boulevard in Hartford CT.
- This position currently has an end date of 12/31/2023 with the possibility of an extension
- Please frequently check your personal status board and email for notices regarding this position as the intent is to fill the role before the years end 2022
In this role you will have the responsibility to investigate claims of discrimination in either housing, employment, credit transactions, places of public accommodation, or Covid-related and other types of discrimination that are filed with the agency and participate in education and outreach activities and training.
What We Offer:
- Work-Life Balance: This is a 40-hour per week position Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm. Regular days off are Saturday & Sunday. Work schedule flexibility is required in order to meet the demands of the job.
- Leading Comprehensive Benefits: Competitive salary structure, excellent health & dental coverage, generous vacation, personal, and sick time, retirement plan options & more!
- Making a Difference in Your Community: The mission of the Department of Developmental Services is to partner with the individuals we support and their families, to support lifelong planning and to join with others to create and promote meaningful opportunities for individuals to fully participate as valued members of their communities.
We hope you take this opportunity to join our team and make an impact by serving your state!
Only those applicants that apply through the State of CT Online Employment Center will be considered for this opportunity.