Director of Security
Opportunity: Director of Security
Overseesafety and security programs providing a safe and secure environment to guests and associates in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Develop a proactive approach to direction of all hotel security and safety programs, further developing and making adjustments to plans and processes as necessary.
- Coordinate and monitor safety and security related programs for overall hotel including but not limited to: lost and found process, auditing of hotel key issuance, chemical, CPR and fire preparedness training,
- manager on duty schedules, and evacuation drills.
- Compile and distribute departmental reports such as property loss correspondence. Read incoming correspondence and disseminate pertinent information to staff members.
- Observe persons entering, exiting, or loitering around building and monitor for suspicious activity.
- Conduct walk-through observations of entire hotel.
- Develop and administer safety incentive programs, chair safety committee and enforce safety policies.
- Develop, revise, and advise key personnel of emergency procedures.
- Organize and conduct departmental manager on duty and safety committee meetings. Attend and participate in other required meetings.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work, habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of security supervisor experience preferably in the
- hospitality industry.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It