NY Green Bank: Strategy & Communications Internship
NY Green Bank (“NYGB”) is a globally recognized $1.0 billion sustainable investment management fund with the mission to accelerate clean energy deployment in New York State (“NYS” or the “State”) by collaborating with the private sector to transform financing markets. NYGB works to increase the size, volume and breadth of sustainable infrastructure investment activity throughout the State, expand the base of investors focused on NYS clean energy, and increase market participants’ access to capital on commercial terms. To achieve these objectives, NYGB develops transaction structures and methodologies that overcome typical clean energy investment barriers, such as challenges evaluating risk and addressing the needs of distributed energy and efficiency projects where underwriting may be geared more towards larger and/or groups of somewhat homogeneous investment opportunities. With more than $1.7 billion invested as of September 30, 2022, NYGB has demonstrated that many of the financial market barriers to sustainable infrastructure projects in NYS are surmountable. NYGB is a division of the New York State Energy Research & Development Authority (“NYSERDA”).
NYGB is seeking a highly motivated individual with excellent organizational, execution, analytical and communications/presentation skills for the position of Intern on the Strategy and Communications (“S&C”) team, reporting to the Director.
This is a paid internship for current, full-time students. The pay rate is from $15 to $17 per hour based on current class year. This internship will begin on June 1, 2023 and continue for approximately 10 weeks.
Interns must be located in New York State while working. It is expected that interns will follow our telework policy, with a combination of in-office and remote work. Interns work up to 37.5 hours per week during the Summer.
Working closely with the full S&C team, support the full range of day-to-day activities with an emphasis on broad profile elevation (including but not limited to, event management, public relations and communications) and other strategic initiatives, including with respect to:
▪ Supporting NYGB’s event participation, including evaluation of requests and designing presentations, while overseeing logistics and coordination with senior NYSERDA executives and Governor’s office;
▪ Advancing NYGB’s strategy development efforts, focusing on high-priority focus areas for New York State;
▪ Assisting with digital strategy and implementation, potentially to include website content, on-line survey instrument design and analysis of responses;
▪ Preparing regular stakeholder outreach efforts (quarterly webinars, reviewing publicly filed materials, etc.) and responding to NYSERDA, investor/regulator (i.e., PSC and DPS), Chamber staff, Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative and other stakeholder information requests;
▪ Scoping, scheduling and executing internal briefing sessions on key operational issues;
▪ Supporting broad initiatives relating to NYGB’s evaluation and application work in regard to the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund, included in the recently passed Inflation and Reduction Act;
▪ Overseeing applications for awards and other opportunities to highlight NYGB’s performance; and
▪ Ad hoc and special projects relating to NYGB’s ongoing business and operations.
Core Competencies and Experience:
▪ Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex concepts;
▪ High competency in data analytics and management with an ability to aggregate and extrapolate information from various data sources and analytics reports;
▪ Action/results-oriented; able to work independently and as part of formal and informal teams; execute and get desired results; consistently gets things done in a timely and professional manner; honed attention to detail;
▪ Extensive proficiency in MS Office products including Power Point and Word, along with strong problem-solving skills;
▪ Able to handle a variety of projects in parallel; able to prioritize and keep all initiatives moving forward to meet deadlines; flexibility to move between projects, including where priorities and objectives shift;
▪ Takes ownership of tasks, projects and relationships and follows through on obligations and promises;
▪ Unparalleled work ethic with the ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines with a willingness to commit substantial time and energy to the success of NYGB;
▪ Adaptable, self-starter capable of taking on new and unfamiliar tasks as needed while working effectively in a dynamic, fluid and fast-paced organization;
▪ Involves the right people at the right time for optimal problem-solving and decision-making; and
▪ Able to build trust and strong relationships across the organization.
Required minimum qualifications an individual must possess include:
• Current, full-time college student.