Human Resources Intern/Co-Op
Looking for somewhere to work that will not require you to vaccinate for the COVID-19 virus? Come work for us!!
Phillips Tube Group, Inc.- Middletown produces steel tubes for highly engineered, severely fabricated, and formed tube applications in the appliance, automotive, HVAC, and recreational vehicle industries.
We are proud to be a woman-owned, American-based business that produces American products. We are one of the few tube companies in the country that also specializes in coated steel products.
As our company continues to thrive and grow we are now seeking a Human Resources Intern for our Middletown Plant to perform various administrative tasks and support our HR department’s daily activities.
This position is designed to be used a steppingstone into the workforce post-graduation. Our goal is to give each student the opportunity to further their education and develop professionally by combining classroom knowledge with real-world experience. Potential opportunities may exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
- Updating employee records with new hire information, screening resumes and scheduling interviews
- Assist in organizing and coordinating HR policies and procedures
- Updating internal databases with new employee information, including contact details and employment forms
- Post, update and remove job ads from job boards, careers pages and social networks
- Prepare HR-related reports as needed
- Review and distribute company policies in digital formats or hard copies
- Participate in organizing company events and careers days
- Any other HR Administrative tasks as required such as filing, preparing mailings and employee communication memos/flyers and any other duties as assigned
- Currently in process of obtaining a degree in Human Resources
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Familiarity with HRIS, ATS and resume databases a plus but not required
- United States Citizen
- Fluent in English
- Experience with MS Office, Excel
- Good understanding of full-cycle recruiting
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to multitask