Philmont Scout Ranch is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to serve as the Marketing Manager. The ideal candidate will have a background in marketing including communication, social media content creation and management, public relations, and graphic design.
This position manages the daily operations and strategic planning of the Philmont Scout Ranch Marketing Plan. The Marketing Manager will work closely with all the varied departments and programs on the ranch to fully execute and manage promotions and all facets of marketing of those programs. This position also leads a seasonal team, presently comprised of 16 seasonal employees, providing social media content and video promotional projects, crew photos, news, and publications.
- Develop, schedule, execute and update the Philmont Marketing Plan to align with ranch priorities and timelines.
- Collaborate with department managers to develop engaging content which promotes camping, training, second season, retail, museum, and seasonal employment operations.
- Manage and maintain all official Philmont Scout Ranch social media channels.
- Assist in the creation of promotional campaigns for Philmont retail operations to ensure they make sales goals and fit into the Philmont marketing plan.
- Communicate operational updates to the Philmont Ranch Committee, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Oversee the design/publication of ALL printed publications and emails of Philmont Scout Ranch, maintaining consistent branding through all publications.
- Hire and Manage the Marketing and Photo Services seasonal staff team, including interviewing, training, conducting performance reviews, and providing constructive feedback/discipline. • Manage the Marketing and Photo Services team to create marketing assets utilized throughout the year as part of the marketing plan.
- Maintain and update PhilmontScoutRanch.org as needed to support customers and other ranch departments. • Serve as a Public Relations representative of Philmont Scout Ranch.
- Collaborate regularly with marketing staff at other BSA locations to promote Philmont, BSA Outdoor Adventures, and the programs of the Boy Scouts of America both internally and externally.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintain operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction is delivered through the Philmont marketing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing field required.
- Ability to collaborate, inspire and hold accountable multiple stakeholders including seasonal staff and other Philmont Departmental employees.
- 2+ years of marketing experience preferred.
- Preference is given to applicants with a strong understanding of the Philmont and BSA brand.
- Experience with applications such as Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Constant Contact, and Facebook Business Suite preferred.
- Graphic design, photography, and videography management experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
- Great attention to detail, highly organized with multi-tasking skills.
- Customer-focused; results-driven, strategic planning, management proficiency, verbal communication.
Salary Range is $48,000- $53,000 annually. The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a 403-B retirement investment plan. We also offer generous PTO and 12-holiday observances.