Chief Parks & Recreation
$77,039.82 - $103,219.22 Annually
Parks and Recreation
Plans, organizes, and supervises staff of assigned operational division. Prioritizes and assigns work, projects, and duties, ensuring that work is completed following appropriate policies, code regulations and industry standard practices. Makes recommendation for assigned division budget and monitors expenditures. Reviews work-in-process and completed projects. Requires on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on a year-round basis to respond to emergency situations. Utilizes current county-wide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- Thoroughly documented work history
- Transcript with award date
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
At the time of application, applicants must:
1. Possess a Bachelor's degree in Recreation Administration, Parks & Recreation Management, Parks & Recreation Resources Parks Administration or closely related field; AND
2. Have had at least five (5) years of increasingly responsible full-time work experience in planning, promoting, and implementing recreation, youth activities and/or special event programs, including two (2) years of supervisory responsibility; AND
NOTE: A Master's degree in one of the fields described above, may be substituted for one (1) year of experience.
NOTE: Applicants possessing transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States will be required to provide documentation of degree equivalency from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/members.html). The degree evaluation will be required for application processing.
3 Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license. Out of Country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver’s license before the hire date.; AND
4. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical, established for this classification.
5. Successfully complete the six (6) month probationary period.
You are required to include your work experience in the Work Experience Section of your NEOGOV application. If you have previously included work history on a resume you must transfer your work history into the Work Experience Section prior to applying. Attached resumes will not be reviewed or considered. Please review the job posting, specifically the purpose of the position and the minimum qualifications, prior to answering the work experience question; and note that only related work experience will be considered. NOTE: Provide full detail in the employment history section noting the skills, experience and hours worked per week pertaining to the minimum qualifications.
If a job offer is made, an official transcript with the award date will be required. Transcripts from outside the United States must be assessed for U.S. equivalency by a NACES National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/members.html).
Maintain a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license