Graphic Designer for a nonprofit
Here at Y STEM and Chess Inc., a nonprofit, Our mission is to empower underserved and at-risk children with an opportunity to pursue STEM careers and change their life trajectories. Teaching underserved children Chess, Math, and Computer Science to empower them to pursue STEM majors/professions with the support of professionals. We are hiring a Content Writer to help us keep growing. Y STEM and Chess Inc. is an excellent place to grow your career if you're dedicated and ambitious. This is an unpaid volunteer internship. Don't hesitate to apply.
Graphic designers/artists design graphics in media products such as magazines, labels, advertising, and signage. Typical activities include:
- Liaising with the founder to determine their requirements and budget
- Managing Founder proposals from typesetting through to design, print, and production
- Working with the Founder, briefing and advising them about design style, format, print production, and timescales
- Developing concepts, graphics, and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites
- Determining the size and arrangement of copy and illustrative material, as well as font style and size
- Preparing rough drafts of material based on an agreed brief
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements if required
- Liaising with external printers regularly to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest quality.
Graphic designers work mainly nine-to-five, but deadlines may require working additional hours. Opportunities for graphic designers exist in cities throughout the country, although freelance designers can work from home.
Critical skills for graphic designers
- Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing software
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role within a commercial environment
- Professional approach to time, costs, and deadlines
Contact me with a resume:
Devin T. Nakano
Founder, President, and Executive Director
Y STEM and Chess Inc.
208 996 5071
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.