Beacon Platform was founded in 2014 by Kirat Singh and Mark Higgins, industry leaders in building and designing enterprise-scale trading, analytics, and risk management platforms. Our products enable financial institutions of all sizes to operationalize front-office development at enterprise scale on the cloud. The Platform consists of Beacon Front Office Suite for cross-asset management of trades, positions and risk, and Beacon Core, an integrated development and operating platform that enables quants and software engineers to collaboratively develop and continuously deploy business solutions. Beacon’s open architecture and transparent source-code model empower clients to achieve their business goals while maintaining unparalleled ownership of the full technology stack.
Job Title: Sales Engineering Intern
Beacon is revolutionizing the financial services industry by empowering quantitative developer teams and business users. Beacon is the only vendor on the market that gives clients underlying source code, a developer platform, and infrastructure services so that clients can own the full technology stack. Clients benefit from Beacon's next-generation platform for enterprise-scale analytics, trading, risk management, and more.
As a Sales Engineering (SE) Intern, you will be responsible for designing and building technology solutions to help Sales Engineering to support the Sales organization throughout the technical sales cycle. In this role, you will work directly with SE and Dev Engineers to expand capabilities of an existing f2b technology solution in addition to other projects TBD.
Purpose of Job
The Sales Engineering team is responsible for supporting, maintaining, and developing the software assets used to sell the Beacon Platform, which is a cloud-based Platform-as-a-Service. Utilization of the company’s other internal services and bespoke applications or services are also required. The successful candidate will help the SE team build and release their products in an efficient and continuously improving process. This Engineering Intern will bridge the gap between Development and SE, and play a key role in building upon our python-based UI framework.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
This position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Self-starter who is passionate about technology
- Keen eye for automation and improving efficiency
- Ability to provide leadership and accountability for work they undertake and articulate their thoughts
- Comfortable with fast-paced and dynamic environments
- Able to take on ideas and feedback from other technical experts as well as the business
- Takes ownership for their work and has exceptional attention to detail
- Research new technologies to implement within the SE team to make processes more efficient while adhering to agile and DevOps principles.
- Sit in Dev meetings at project inception to ensure the standards set by DevOps are being applied, especially with respect to logging and monitoring of application health, compatibility with infrastructure design, security requirements, and compliance
- Receive Deployment Plans, validate them, and carry them out in an efficient manner via deployment tools available
- Maintain knowledge of the inner workings of all applications within your relative portfolio, ensuring that all system dependencies are documented
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities. The job holder may be required to complete any other reasonable duties in order to achieve business objectives.
- Minimum of 2 years working toward bachelor's degree in CS, ECE, IS or similar software engineering related area.
- Experience with Linux and proficient writing in Python
- Knowledge of IDE based development
- Knowledge of UI design principles and UI frameworks
- Familiarity with Atlassian tooling like Confluence or Wiki frameworks
- Understanding of application design patterns like MVC.
- Experience using coding/scripting to automate/reduce time taken to complete manual tasks
- Familiarity with of data Security principles
- Knowledge of Version Control Systems (preferably Git)
- Familiarity with logging technologies such as LogStash, Kibana, ElasticSearch, Splunk
- Ability to communicate on all levels, technical and non-technical
- Team Oriented
- Takes ownership of their work
- Attention to detail
- Perseverance and the ability to drive issue resolution and projects through to completion
- Continually strives to improve both their work and their personal knowledge
- Self-motivated and content to work both individually and on team projects
- Articulate and able to communicate technical detail to both peers and non-technical stakeholders
- Personable with the ability to handle stressful situations
- Technical creativity and the ability to envision future solutions
- Excited by change and able to embrace a rapidly changing business landscape
Salary Range: $20 - $30 per hour
About Beacon Platform:
Beacon is revolutionizing the financial services industry by empowering our clients’ quantitative developer teams and business users like no other platform provider. With the Beacon platform, financial institutions of all sizes can leverage our 20+ years of experience in building enterprise-scale trading, analytics, and risk management platforms at some of the most successful financial institutions in the world. In addition to applications for front and middle office users, the Beacon platform includes cloud-based, secure sandbox infrastructure, a full suite of developer tools, and transparent source code to give our clients unparalleled power to own the full stack and achieve their business goals. Beacon was founded in 2014 by the senior technologists who worked with SecDB at Goldman Sachs and created Athena at JP Morgan and Quartz at Bank of America Merrill Lynch. Beacon has over 140 employees with offices in New York, London, and Tokyo. www.beacon.io
Beacon does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Beacon encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Beacon Platform participates in eVerify