Product Management Intern - Knee/Hip
Arthrex is a global medical device company and leader in orthopedics medical education. With a corporate mission of Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better™, Arthrex has pioneered the field of arthroscopy and develops more than 1,000 innovative products and procedures each year that support all aspects of orthopedics. This is an exciting opportunity for the high energy individual that would like to explore an opportunity in the orthopedics industry. Use your excellent communications, business and/or science background to experience the medical device business at its highest level. During the intern program, candidates will interact with all key departments that impact product development. The intern will possess an internal sense of urgency, passion and detail that is necessary when interacting with our primary customer, the orthopedic surgeon. Apply on-line now to be a part of this growing industry!
This internship will run from May 2023 – August 2023. The ideal candidate will have the availability to work 40 hours per week at our Naples, FL facility.
To support product management team with analyst research, marketing support and project work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Management team to identify solutions or product ideas to address surgical challenges for orthopedic procedures
- Assist in product development labs working with cadaveric specimens in the research and implementation of prototype surgical devices
- Work at the direction of Product Management with Marketing Communications to produce marketing collateral
- Create and/or present PowerPoint presentations communicating data gathered during research
- Conduct market research on existing and future product lines through secondary research sources
- Verbally communicate with our sales force conducting surveys, analyzing those findings, identifying trends and formatting the data for Product Manager
- Utilize the IQVIA Hospital Supply Index Database to gather competitor sales data and provide analysis on those competitive findings and trends and opportunities in the marketplace
- Manage and develop product demos/samples
- Field travel when necessary (less than 5%)
Education and Experience:
- Progress towards a college degree in a related field required, preferably in Business, Sales or Biology. A college junior or senior preferred. (Students who have recently graduated are only eligible to work as an intern/co-op up to six months from their graduation date.)
- Experience in Medical Device Sales or Orthopedics preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Intermediate to Expert computer skills. Be able to follow written and verbal direction. PowerPoint applications proficiency a plus.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
PC; High proficiency with Microsoft Outlook; PowerPoint; Word and Excel. Fax; Scanner.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.