Logistical Support Foreman
Logistical Support Foreman
Job ID: 252046
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
Statesboro Campus - Statesboro, GA
Assist the Logistical Support Manager in supervising the daily operation of the facilities logistics team.
Receive, evaluate, and schedule work requests for student housing complexes and campus departments. Replace worn or broken dorm room furniture, setup equipment for special events, and transport equipment to and from various locations on and off-campus.
• Plan, organize, and schedule work requests for the logistics team such as replacing broken/worn furniture, setting up for special events, and moving equipment on campus
• Operate and maintain multiple university vehicles, including large trucks equipped with lift gates
• Ensure all assigned equipment is properly maintained and secured, and make recommendations for replacing worn items
• Work with and supervise logistics employees as they perform assigned tasks
• Select, utilize, and evaluate procedures, materials, tools, and equipment appropriate for the task
• Operate and maintain storage warehouse areas, including inventory for furniture, tables, chairs, and other equipment
• Assist in hiring, training, and evaluating employees
• Prepare documentation to provide written support and/or convey information relating to personnel matters and facility needs
• Coordinate event/room set up and breakdown by team
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Two (2) or more years of related work experience
• Supervisory experience
$14.66 - $17.40 per hour
This is a non-exempt position paid on a biweekly basis.
Required Documents to Attach
• Cover Letter
• Two (2) Professional References
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
• Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment through commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
• Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
• Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
• Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
Apply Before Date
Open Until Filled
Application review may begin on November 23, 2022.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at mailto:email@example.com?subject=Job%20Opening%20Questions.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Job%20Opening%20Questions.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the University.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Proof of valid driver's license upon hire and throughout employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
• Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
• May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
• Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours
• Evening and weekend work may be required
• Work performed in indoor and outdoor environments
• Required to drive University vehicles
• Standard + DMV
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3665519
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.