Admissions Events Coordinator
Admissions Events Coordinator
Job ID: 252216
Location: Georgia Southern - Savannah
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
Armstrong Campus - Savannah, GA
Office of Admissions
Lead recruitment efforts for new domestic in-state freshmen students to meet the enrollment goals of the University.
• Plan strategic recruitment initiatives to meet the enrollment goals for new in-state undergraduate and dual-enrolled students
• Provide information concerning aspects of the University to prospective students and their families
• Travel extensively to attend and present at college fairs, high schools, admission events, and other community events in order to recruit for Georgia Southern University
• Review and analyze data regarding new in-state recruitment to assess the status toward goals, areas of concern, and relevant trends
• Encourage, promote and maintain favorable relationships with school counselors and other educators
• Maintain regular correspondence with prospective students via telephone, e-mail, and handwritten letters
• Promote scholarship opportunities offered by the Office of Admissions to eligible students
• Assist with various marketing activities, applicant file evaluation, and a variety of other administrative activities
• Serve as a campus resource for recruitment initiatives
• Serve as a counselor on call and conduct information sessions
• Bachelor's Degree
• Three (3) or more years of related work experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
• Master's Degree
• Experience in Admissions recruitment or other area of admissions work
$41,500 - $43,000
This is a non-exempt position paid on a biweekly basis.
Required Documents to Attach
• Cover Letter
• Two (2) Professional References
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
• Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment through commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
• Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
• Ability to multi-task and stay organized
• Ability to assess students' academic standing and extracurricular activities, inform them about colleges, programs and majors
• Willingness to guide others and provide ongoing support as they make important decisions
• Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
• Knowledgeable about campus resources and ability to communicate information clearly to students and parents
• Familiarity with college and university programs, majors, admissions requirements and processes, and scholarship and financial aid resources
• Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
• Public speaking expertise
Apply Before Date
December 21, 2022
Application review may begin on November 29, 2022.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at mailto:email@example.com?subject=Job%20Opening%20Questions.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Job%20Opening%20Questions.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the University.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Proof of valid driver's license upon hire and throughout employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
• Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
• May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
• Work generally performed in office environment
• Work week often extends beyond 40 hours
• Evening and weekend work may be required
• Travel required
• Ability to drive University vehicles
• Standard + Education & DMV
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3665481
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.