Human Resources Associate (30-Hour, Benefited)
Human Resources Associate (30-Hour, Benefited)
Job ID: 251806
Location: Georgia Southern - Savannah
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
Armstrong Campus - Savannah, GA
Department of Human Resources
Deliver first line customer service support on various HR subject matters. Provide the first point of contact support to incoming calls/emails/chats/requests from employees to answer questions, resolve issues, and respond to inquiries related to broad HR based processes and systems. Engage with all stakeholders with a superior service orientation, quality focus, accuracy and efficiency. This position is responsible for performing duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision and instruction, and a high degree of accuracy with superior customer service.
This is a 30-hour per-week, benefitted position.
• Monitor and respond to Human Resources inquiries providing accurate, consistent, and timely responses or redirecting the inquiry if it needs to have someone else respond
• Build and maintain relationships with campus constituents
• Provide administrative support
• De-escalate situations through effective communication techniques and involve supervisor, if necessary
• Track inquiries, issues, and transactions and request and communicate resolutions and updates using ticket management tools and other tracking tools
• Assist HR Managers with the development of standard operating procedures
• Input data in various platforms to maintain employee records, monitor HR functions, support the recruitment process
• Manage documents for appropriate retention, scanning to electronic format, if necessary
• Ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations and University and USG policies and procedures
• Special projects as assigned
• Divide time between Human Resources Services Center areas answering phone calls, attending front desk, and data entry
• Notarize personnel documents
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• One (1) or more years of related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Providing front-line customer service
• Specialized knowledge in Human Resources
• Explaining policies and procedures
• Experience explaining employee policies and procedures
• Experience with customer service
$17.26 - $18.91 per hour
This is a non-exempt position paid on a biweekly basis.
Required Documents to Attach
• Cover Letter
• Two (2) Professional References
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
• Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment through commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
• Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and secure sensitive information
• Ability to input data with a high level of accuracy and efficiency
• Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
• Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
Apply Before Date
December 2, 2022
Application review may begin on November 17, 2022.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Job%20Opening%20Questions.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or mailto:email@example.com?subject=Job%20Opening%20Questions.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the University.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
• Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
• Work generally performed in office environment
• Work requires repetitive activity, data entry; confinement to workstation for lengthy periods
• Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours
• This role is considered a position of trust
• This position will not travel
• This position does not require security clearance
• Position of Trust
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3665465
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.