SAP BASIS Admin Intern - 2023 Summer Program
The Career Potential
We are excited to announce that Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is now becoming QuidelOrtho! This transaction will bring together two world-class teams and complementary product portfolios to serve patients around the world.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
As we continue to grow as QuidelOrtho, we are seeking an SAP BASIS Admin Intern who will help with monitoring, and resolving help desk tickets along with other team members. This position is part of the 2023 Summer Internship Program and can be located onsite in San Diego, CA, Raritan, NJ, Rochester, NY, or will consider a remote setup.
- We are seeking an Intern who will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing, supporting, and maintaining QuidelOrtho’s SAP Environments.
- Will be involved in performing daily monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- What you will get in return is exposure and experience on SAP on HANA, AWS, ECC to S/4 migrations, and some of SAP’s latest Cloud-based solutions all while working as part of a team that shares information, responsibilities, and values a work-life balance
The Job Deliverables
- The intern will present their work to a cross-functional group.
- Graduate or Undergraduate in the Fields of Engineering degrees, Computer Degrees, Information Technology specializations
- Minimum Year in school: Senior or Grad Student
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Experience with operating systems like Linux, AIX, HP-UX, Windows
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networks and their configuration on the OS level
- Knowledge of RDBMS used with SAP systems like oracle, DB2, HANA, MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of SAP running on the cloud (AWS, Azure), On-Prem and SAP Cloud Platform (CPI)
- Monitors SAP system performance, identifying problems and implementing solutions proactively
- Manage Service Now Tickets, Change requests, and Incident Management
- Knowledge of security concepts like the creation of SSH Keys, PGP Keys, and SSL configuration on SAP systems. Experience will be a big plus
- Nice to have: HANA knowledge, Shell Scripting
- Interns should be prepared to fully commit to the start and end dates proposed
- Interns are expected to provide their housing, travel, and any other requirements necessary for their participation in this program
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
The pay range for the Internship Program is between $16/hr to $30/hr, The Pay rate will be determined by the year in school, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the candidate. Benefits are not included for this position.