Spring 2023 Film/TV Development & Production Internship - REMOTE
About this Job
Ryder Picture Company is looking for highly motivated Development & Production Interns for Spring 2023. This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to learn about development and production of film and television from producers’ perspective.
This will be a REMOTE position and is available to students across the United States with availability in the Pacific Time Zone. Interns are expected to work 16-24 hours a week, 9:00am-5:00pm PT. Please note hours and dates can be flexible.
About Ryder Picture Company
Producer Aaron Ryder formed Ryder Picture Company – a film and television production company with a first look deal with MGM Studios – in January 2021. Ryder is one of the industry’s leading and most prolific producers working today, with credits including Arrival, The Prestige, Mud, Memento, and Donnie Darko. RPC was formed to continue Ryder’s success of producing movies that are equally weighted in both art and commerce while also supporting world-class filmmakers. In addition to our first look deal, we have film and TV projects set up at Sony, Amazon, FilmNation, Hulu, and A24. Our first feature Bruiser premiered at TIFF 2022, and we just wrapped production on Dumb Money, directed by Craig Gillespie.
What you'll do:
This experience gives interns the opportunity to learn about all facets of the industry while at an intimate, but extremely active production company through the performance of the following duties:
- Reading, analyzing, and writing coverage on submissions of screenplays, teleplays, books, and graphic novels for potential development and production
- Reviewing current projects in development, pre-production, production, and post-production
- Researching and collecting data on up-and-coming filmmakers and talent
- Creatively brainstorming ideas for potential film and television projects
- Assisting in office organization and management tasks
What you have:
- Passion for film and television
- A love for reading
- A pro-active and positive attitude
- A willingness to ask questions
- Strong and confident verbal communication and writing skills
- Previous experience writing comprehensive film coverage is preferred, but not required
Internship compensation: Please note that this internship is UNPAID, and all candidates must be able to receive school credit for the completion of the internship. Please check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
Please submit a resume to apply by December 5, 2022.
No cover letters, please. We don't have time to read them at this initial stage.