Registered Nurse - State Hospital West
State Hospital West (SHW) in Nampa is seeking candidates for a full-time Registered Nurse. SHW is a 16-bed Adolescent Psychiatric Treatment Hospital (for adolescents between 11 and 18 years old) nestled between Ridgecrest and Centennial golf courses on a picturesque piece of state property along the Nampa Interstate 84 corridor. SHW will provide psychiatric inpatient treatment care for Idaho's adolescent citizens with the most serious and persistent mental illnesses. The hospital will work in partnership with families and communities to enable clients to return to community living and will be accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations and certified by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
BEST RETIREMENT AVAILABLE IN THE NATION
We have one of the Nation's best state retirement systems (PERSI) that offers a lifetime benefit.
- excellent medical, dental and vision insurance-employee only coverage for PPO $65/month for medical and vision & $11.00/month for dental
- generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start
- 11 paid holidays a year
- paid parental leave
- multiple savings plans, optional 401K, and optional 457
- basic life insurance for employee and family
- employee covered at one times annual salary
- spouse covered at $10,000
- child covered at $5,000
- wellness programs
- ongoing training opportunities
- an opportunity for student loan forgiveness
- and more!
Our generous benefits package increases the total compensation of a full-time (benefits eligible) Registered Nurse making $35.00/hour to an estimated $48.54/hour.
This position offers the opportunity to work with an excellent team and help establish our brand-new facility. Idaho Department of Health and Welfare is seeking individuals who are driven to make an impact to our patients’ lives. If you are someone who wants to make a difference, share in growth and development, and know at the end of the day you have made a positive impact, then our Nursing position might be for you!
- This position will be working under the direction of the Director of Nursing to implement, maintain, and manage patient care and safety.
- This position also requires applicants to become certified in CPR and Nonviolent Crisis Intervention.
- Employees may be required to work weekends, holidays, day, evening and night shifts (swing or night shifts include 5% shift pay).
This announcement may be used to fill full-time and part-time positions. Employees are eligible for benefits if they are working 20 or more hour per week and the term of employment is to exceed five continuous months.
If you have previously applied for Registered Nurse and wish to be considered for the current vacancy, you must reapply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used.
The Idaho Department of Health & Welfare is a drug-free workplace. Any applicant offered employment in this position at State Hospital West, will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test. Applicants will be required to pass a background investigation after a conditional offer of employment.
Example of Duties
Incumbents carry out charge RN responsibilities in addition to skilled nursing.
- Nursing areas of specialty include psychiatric, chemical dependency, forensic, developmentally disabled, dual diagnosis, home health, public health
Performs professional nursing that may include:
- Client assessment
- Care plan development
- Health education
- Clinical activities
- Case management
- Direct nursing services
- Charge nurse responsibilities
- House Supervisor role as needed
- Ensure adherence to SHW policies and procedures, Joint Commission, CMS, and IDAPA rules and regulations
You must possess all the minimum qualifications listed below to pass the exam for this position. Click on the Questions tab associated with this announcement for the details regarding minimum qualification requirements. The Supplemental Questions on the application are the exam questions. Please make sure your resume supports your answers. Failure to do this may result in not passing the exam and disqualify you from being considered for this position.
- Licensed as a Professional or Registered Nurse in Idaho as defined by Idaho Code 54-1408 or state licensure as a Registered Nurse pursuant to the Nurse Licensure Compact, Idaho Code 54- 1418, in one of the following compact states: Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Wisconsin.