Social Media Manager
This job can be done remotely and will take 5-7 hours a week. You will work directly with our CEO and Director of Marketing. If you enjoy the role and it is a good fit we hope to develop the position into a permanent one.
We are looking for a talented social media manager to administer our social media accounts for our international nonprofit. You will be responsible for working with our team to create original text and video content, creating posts and responding to followers. You will manage our company image in a cohesive way to achieve our marketing goals as set forth by the Board of Directors.
As a social media manager, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively.
Ultimately, you should be able to handle our social media presence with the goal of ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
Responsibilities (5-7 hours a week)
• Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences, and hashtags
• Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
• Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
• Collaborate with other organization’s team members to ensure brand consistency
• Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor all correspondence
• Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
• Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
• Hands on experience in content management
• Excellent copy-writing skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Passion for nonprofit, philanthropic causes and support for mission
Some experience in a previous social media role is recommended but not required.