Internship Opportunity-Information Technology
CHILDREN'S SERVICES COUNCIL OF PALM BEACH COUNTY
SUMMER INTERN POSITION
Information Technology Department
The purpose of the Summer Internship Program is to introduce diverse local college students to vast opportunities available within the world of social services. Interns will learn and grow in a supportive environment though job shadowing, participation on cross-functional teams, mentoring and hands-on experiences. Additionally, they’ll work with other interns on a self-selected team project. Through this exchange, interns will be exposed to ways they can directly and positively impact the lives of our community members.
The Information Technology intern will work closely with our Network and Database Administrator to help support staff in solving computer and network related issues. Additionally, they will learn the basic skills needed to operate an efficient Help Desk for a small organization including how to:
- Use IssueTrak, our internal Help Desk tracking and ticketing system
- Build an imaging server and image new laptops
- Troubleshoot basic printing or computer related issues
- Install and configure the basic applications used in the organization
- Use servers to remotely install software applications
- Manage an update server to authorize and push out software and operating system updates
- Assist with special projects as they occur
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Ability to solve problems independently, effectively, and creatively
- Demonstrate independence and high motivation
· Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills
· Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized
- Ability to initiate and follow up on projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure
· Ability to track outcomes
· Ability to represent the Children's Services Council in a professional manner
· Commitment to confidentiality, honesty and ethics
Familiarity with commonly used application software: Microsoft Office Program (Excel, Outlook, Word).
Undergraduate (Sophomore/Junior/Senior) student with a major or concentration area in Information Technology or related field.
To be considered, candidates must submit a cover letter and resume online at https://www.vscyberhosting.com/cscpbc/ by 5:00 p.m. January 13, 2023.
Children’s Services Council of Palm Beach County, 2300 High Ridge Road, Boynton Beach, FL 33426.