CHILDREN'S SERVICES COUNCIL OF PALM BEACH COUNTY
SUMMER INTERN POSITION
The purpose of the Summer Internship Program is to introduce diverse local college students to vast opportunities available within the world of social services. Interns will learn and grow in a supportive environment though job shadowing, participation on cross-functional teams, mentoring, and hands-on experiences. Additionally, they’ll work with other interns on a self-selected team project. Through this exchange, interns will be exposed to ways they can directly and positively impact the lives of our community members.
The Finance Division intern will work with finance staff to enhance their interest, understanding and skills of government accounting, budgeting, and budget oversight. The intern will be exposed to the full government finance cycle:
- Gain knowledge of contract management, compliance, and internal control systems/processes/policies/procedures.
- Participate in creation of Provider budgets and approval of provider reimbursements
- Analyze provider audited financial statements
- Learn accounts payable and process payments to vendors
- Gain understanding of General Accounting and exposure to related tasks, i.e. month end closing cycle, journal entries, account reconciliations, financial statements, variance analysis reports, etc.
- Create audit workpapers (MS Excel) and overview of the audited financial statements
· Obtain exposure to Program Performance Audits by learning the elements of ‘Audit Engagement Risk Planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Ability to solve problems independently, effectively, and creatively
- Demonstrate independence and high motivation
· Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills
· Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized
- Ability to initiate and follow up on projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure
· Ability to track outcomes
· Ability to represent the Children's Services Council in a professional manner
· Commitment to confidentiality, honesty and ethics
Familiarity with commonly used application software: Microsoft Office Program (Excel, Outlook, Word).
Undergraduate (Sophomore/Junior/Senior) student with a major or concentration area in Finance or related field.
To be considered, candidates must submit a cover letter and resume online at https://www.vscyberhosting.com/cscpbc/ by 5:00 p.m. January 13, 2023.
Children’s Services Council of Palm Beach County, 2300 High Ridge Road, Boynton Beach, FL 33426.