CHILDREN'S SERVICES COUNCIL OF PALM BEACH COUNTY
SUMMER INTERN POSITION
The purpose of the Summer Internship Program is to introduce diverse local college students to vast opportunities available within the world of social services. Interns will learn and grow in a supportive environment though job shadowing, participation on cross-functional teams, mentoring, project development, and hands-on experiences. Additionally, they’ll work with other interns on a self-selected team project. Through this exchange, interns will be exposed to ways they can directly and positively impact the lives of our community members.
The Journalism intern will work in our Communication’s Division with our Chief Communications Officer and staff to support our Healthy, Safe and Strong campaign (check out: cscpbc.org/About Us/Healthy, Safe, Strong Stories) by:
· Producing written content in the form of storytelling for our website based on suggested story topics and personalities, interview questions, and ideas for framing the story and transitioning in the dialog.
· Interviewing individuals, taking still photos and videos using cell phone, editing videos with commonly used tools, and including social media feeds such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat.
· Assisting with the planning and attending public community events including assembling materials, engaging with attendees, and setting-up/closing-down booth or table
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Ability to solve problems independently, effectively, and creatively
- Demonstrate independence and high motivation
· Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills
· Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized
- Ability to initiate and follow up on projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure
· Ability to track outcomes
· Ability to represent the Children's Services Council in a professional manner
· Commitment to confidentiality, honesty, and ethics
Comfortable working with Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat. Familiarity with commonly used application software: Microsoft Office Program (Excel, Outlook, Word).
Undergraduate (Sophomore/Junior/Senior) student with a major or concentration area in Journalism, Communications or related field. Strong interviewing and writing skills (examples required). Must have access to daily use of vehicle, and general knowledge of Palm Beach County geography and demographics. Spanish or Creole speaker preferred.
To be considered, candidates must submit a cover letter and resume online at https://www.vscyberhosting.com/cscpbc/ by 5:00 p.m. January 13, 2023.
Children’s Services Council of Palm Beach County, 2300 High Ridge Road, Boynton Beach, FL 33426.