Shopkeeper, Miami (Pop-Up) - Sabah 2022
This is a Sabah ambassador and shop runner role! You bring energy, style, and keen hospitality to our annual Sabah pop up at The Standard Miami. Your role will focus on bringing the Sabah experience to life for our Miami community old and new. You are enthusiastic about educating our customers, sharing brand story, style, and products while making meaningful connections. You are a savvy people-person and enjoy styling, selling, and working a room! Finally, you are efficient, organized and understand that presentation matters.
As a Sabah House Shopkeeper, you:
- Host customers in the Sabah House, welcoming them into our space, guiding them through the fitting process and taking ownership of all daily customer interactions — in the shop, over the phone and occasionally online, if needed. This includes soft salesmanship; upselling, cross selling and more.
- Are a great communicator and anticipate customer needs with ease.
- Are invested in all things Sabah, including knowledge of our brand origin story, Sabah workshop, materials, craftsmanship, fit, comfort, and style.
- Are excited to stay knowledgeable about our collaborators and partners, including the array of third party offerings sold in our stores and online.
- Assist in merchandising and product display, including visual presentation and tagging/information, and special holiday environment initiatives.
- Own & complete shop operational tasks, including: inventory, shop maintenance, opening and closing checklists and business feedback.
- Attend to all company and shop communications (email, Slack, and occasional video calls) to stay up-to-date on our latest initiatives, product launches and company performance.
- Report to our Shop Manager and Retail Director with the ability to collaborate with other company Leadership including our Founder & CEO, Operations, Marketing, and Customer Service teams.
- Experience in retail, sales or service industry preferred
- Excellent communicator with a passion for people
- Attention to detail, sense of urgency
- Able to multi-task and pivot quickly while working in an ever changing environment, particularly given COVID’s impact on retail
- Organized & diligent
- A positive self-starter; quick to help and quick to solve. You don’t wait around to be told what to do.
- Brand Ambassador mentality; be active in the community, get your network involved!
- Must be available to start by January Week 2 at the latest
- Regular weekend availability
This is an opportunity with both part-time and full-time project roles available.
We offer competitive compensation of $22-25/hr based on experience, including a project bonus based on goals reached, employee discount, gifted product, and tons of great experience.