Licensing & Copyright Internship
The Licensing & Copyright internship will provide meaningful and educational real-world experience within the scope of an independent music publishing company. Reservoir’s objective in hosting all interns is to provide valuable preparation for a professional career in the entertainment industry.
Reservoir’s internship program is a maximum 16-week, part time, paid program and students may earn college credit upon completion of the internship.
Internships can take place either fully in person or hybrid.
Licensing & Copyright Internship Rotation:
Licensing & Copyright Interns will rotate through the following areas, including, but not limited to:
• Researching songs, composers, and publishers in PRO/CMO databases
• Assisting in onboarding new clients to Reservoir’s system as well as entering new song and recording data for existing clients in Music Maestro
• Importing registration acknowledgement files from PROs and isolate and report on any errored registrations
• Claiming songs & associated recordings at various sources such as YouTube, Meta, and Spotify Publishing Analytics
• Reviewing different types of publishing agreements such as Admin vs CoPub
• Helping track the use of Reservoir’s works on both licensed and unlicensed platforms
• Processing registration certificates from the US Copyright Office
• Generating mechanical licenses for products using Reservoir songs
Licensing & Copyright intern candidates must have experience using Microsoft Excel. Candidates must be undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in a music, business, communications, or related program. A desire to work in the music industry, great attitude, eagerness to learn, and willingness to take initiative are essential. Candidates should also be highly organized with great interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive on a small team. Dependability, commitment, and professional demeanor are highly important. Music Maestro knowledge a plus.