Destiny Research Intern
Bungie Research studies how real people play games. Our research drives the insights that empower our development teams to improve Bungie games. As a member of the Bungie Research team, you will work with UX and Consumer Insights Researchers to conduct research using variety of methodologies and segmentation strategies. You will have a front-row seat to research and analytics across our studio, including both User Research and Game Analytics. You will participate in stakeholder collaboration and team meetings, and interface directly with research participants.
Our research team explores questions such as:
- How can we improve the new player experience in Destiny 2?
- How do we tailor our gaming experiences to a global and quickly changing gaming market?
- How do different target audiences respond to new features and game concepts?
- Why do players engage with certain features more than others?
- Currently enrolled in a U.S. college, university, or related program and returning to school in the fall upon conclusion of the internship
- Available to work full-time for 12 weeks throughout the summer with a set May or June start date
- Recruit, screen, and schedule participants for in-studio studies
- Assist Bungie researchers in moderating playtests
- Compile playtest data and survey data, and conduct basic statistical analysis – typically in Microsoft Excel
- Collaborate with researchers to design research proposals, such as surveys, focus groups, playtests, and interviews.
- Leverage behavioral analytics from our data science team to inform research plans
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Passion for games, and deep understanding of common game systems (e.g. RPG, Clans, Power Progression, NUX, etc)
- Basic awareness of UX research methodologies
- In the last year of a master’s program or last 2 years of a PhD program focused on human subjects research (Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology) or applied sciences such as Market Research, Statistics and Human Computer Interaction
So you don't meet every requirement listed in this job description? Do you think your experience level is not where it needs to be? Studies show that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they believe they meet every single qualification. Bungie is focused on building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you're interested in this position but your past experience doesn't line up perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we want you to apply anyway. The right role for you may be right around the corner!
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.