Consumer Public Relations Intern (Winter 2023)-New York, NY
Weber Shandwick is seeking a rock star winter intern to work on a major beverage account leading up to and during the Super Bowl based in our New York consumer team/practice. This winter internship is hybrid out of our NYC office. This is a full-time (40 hours/week) paid position starting around January 2023 and ending around late February.
- Thinking: Intellectual curiosity and creativity is a must
- Storytelling: Understand the elements that make a story exciting and how to highlight them in what you read in the press and what you see on social media
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task. Work fast, and work well
- Interpersonal: Play nice, whether it’s in a team, with a team or independently
- Technical: Know Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Media databases and social tracking tools are a bonus (examples: Cision, Muckrack)
- Detail-Oriented: Whether it’s a media list or a recap report, attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work is essential
- Spark: Understand what sets you apart
What You Will Be Doing
- Research: Analyze brands using various resources, thoughtful and detailed research helps our bring ideas and plans to life
- Engage: Share big ideas in brainstorms and with teams
- Plan: Assist in event coordination and logistics
- Create: Craft written communications including media materials, from briefing books to media pitches
- Hustle: Pitch stories to media, develop media lists, track placements, etc.
- Monitor: Track brands in traditional online and social media during one of the biggest sporting events of the year. Previous campaign reporting experience is a plus
What We Are Looking For
- Someone who has an interest in, and enthusiasm for public relations and sports
- Able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced agency environment
- Strong writing skills and understanding of the media landscape
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Go-getter and proactive mindset – you’re willing to go above and beyond your daily tasks
- A contributing member of the team
- The ideal candidate must be a college graduate by the start of the internship or have demonstrated transferrable skills
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week starting January 2023
NYC Salary range: $15.00 – $15.00
Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.