Salary will be $18.00 per hour
Part-time position working 25 hours per week. Must be available during school hours.
Are you looking for a position where you will make a positive difference in the lives of youth, ages 15 to 22, with disabilities? If yes, our Vocational Instructor position is for you. The Instructor helps students with disabilities learn and understand the expectations of successful employment, facilitating AHLEI training curriculum in a high school setting with various instructional approaches exploring topics such as work personality, work interests, work values, and identification of transferable skills. Students will be able to obtain nationally recognized certificates in the hotel and lodging industry. The Instructor will provide assistance to students in obtaining job readiness skills, job searching, job placement, on-the-job training, job coaching and support. Travel to various classroom locations in Tampa is required.
What We Offer:
- Live and on demand Professional Development opportunities
- Easterseals Cares Wellness Program
- Work Life Balance
- The Opportunity to Make a Difference in the Community and the Organization
- Minimum of Associate's degree from an accredited college or university and two years' experience or employment in a public vocational rehabilitation program; experience in job placement, job coaching, or counseling, other related experience working with persons with disabilities (also including experience as supported employment specialists, employment coaches, or employment specialists); or
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in rehabilitation, counseling, social work, psychology, education, human resources, business administration, or economics
- Experience working with persons with disabilities on job skills training, self-advocacy training, or daily living skills training, as well as assisting with personal needs such as monitoring behaviors, is preferred
- An energetic and creative individual who will portray and promote a positive, respectful, and team-based environment
- (VR) Vocational Rehabilitation Employment Specialist certification (preferred)
- (AHLEI) American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute Train the Trainer certification (within 30 days of hire)
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Teaching certificate preferred but not required
- Ability to meet our approved driver qualifications in order to drive your personal vehicle, as required, to drive to meetings and for other business-related needs (minimum age of 21 and good driving history)
Easterseals Florida has been rated a 2020, 2021 and 2022 Great Place to Work by our employees! We provide services daily that are leading the way to 100% equity, inclusion and access for people living with disabilities, families and communities. Working at Easterseals is more than just a job - it's an opportunity to be part of something bigger! If you want to translate your talent, your passion, and your commitment to help people with disabilities, families and the community, you might be exactly what we are looking for.
Easterseals Florida is an AA/EEO employer and Drug Free Workplace (DFWP) (including medical marijuana).