Administrative and Accounting Assistant
We are seeking a professional and friendly Administrative and Accounting Assistant to join our California Oregon Broadcasting, Inc. (COBi) team on a full-time basis. This person will be an Administrative Assistant to the President and owner of the company and an Accounting Assistant to the Director of Accounting.
To qualify for this position, you must:
• Have a high school diploma
• Work experience in an accounting office
• QuickBooks experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, answering multi-line phone systems, and other clerical duties, such as filing
• Have the ability to handle several assignments simultaneously, under deadline pressure, and without supervision
• Warmly greet and converse with callers
• Be personable, friendly, and professional
Job duties for this position include:
• Accounts payable
• Accounts receivable
• Daily frequent use of the computer
• Handling multi-line phone system
• Packaging mail and shipments
• Administrative duties such as maintaining contact lists and booking travel arrangements
This position is full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Our full-time benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, prescription drug plan, 401K retirement plan, flex spending account, life insurance, short-term disability, paid sick leave, paid vacation, paid holidays, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
KOBI-TV NBC5 is licensed by the FCC; therefore, we must follow federal guidelines. Since marijuana is still illegal on a federal level, if offered a position, a candidate is required to pass a 10-panel drug screen, which does include marijuana. A 3-year driving record check and a 7-year criminal background check are also pre-employment requirements. We require all new hires to be COVID-19 vaccinated and up-to-date, which does include booster(s). A valid driver’s license is also required.
If you meet the qualifications above, send your Cover Letter and Resume via one of the options below. You will be sent an application to complete. You are not considered an “applicant” until an application is returned to us. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following in your email message:
• The Job Title in the Subject Line
• Resume and Cover Letter in Word or PDF format only
2. Mail to the physical address below:
Director of HR
125 South Fir Street
Medford, OR 97501
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2, owned by California Oregon Broadcasting, Inc., is the longest continuously independent broadcast group in the West, and one of the two oldest in the country. The founder of our company, Bill Smullin, often said “most people work 50 weeks a year in order to spend two weeks’ vacation in the beauty of Northern California and Oregon – the area we are fortunate enough to live, work, and play in every day.”
It is the mission of COBi to provide an environment that encourages our staff to enthusiastically join with our viewers and clients in the fun of creativity, service, and work that serves all individuals with quality broadcast.
COBi is continually looking for individuals who embrace our culture and possess skills that will complement our company.