Graphic Design Spring Ambassador at Paramount
Are you a student who is passionate about entertainment? Do you love Photoshop as much as you love film and television? Can you tell us your favorite movie poster, TV trailer, or main-title sequence? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then keep reading...!
WHO WE ARE:
Paramount is home to the biggest brands in television today: MTV, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, Vh1, TV Land, Pop TV, Logo, CMT, Smithsonian Channel, and our new streaming platform, Paramount+.
WHAT WE DO:
Today, film and television is everywhere. Whether it’s in your home or on your phone, more people are watching than ever before. At Paramount, designing for that experience has never been more exciting. But it doesn’t happen alone. Our team is powered by the creative forces of designers, animators, writers, producers, photographers, musicians, and technicians who work together to bring the things you watch to the world.
HOW IT WORKS:
As a Graphic Design Ambassador at Paramount, we’ll take you behind the screen to meet the industry’’s most creative people using design in entertainment today. You will gain hands-on experience working on major advertising campaigns for some of television's most popular shows, like Yellowstone, Ru Paul's Drag Race, Awkwafina Is Nora From Queens, The Challenge, Ink Master, Beavis and Butt-Head, The Daily Show, South Park, the MTV Video Music Awards, and many more!
The experience will be a complete immersion into graphic design for entertainment, such as creating key art concepts, designing show logos, animating motion graphics, making presentations, and learning what it takes to become a successful designer in the entertainment industry.
The Graphic Design Ambassador will be managed by a senior leader of the design team in the Brand Creative department. The program will begin with an introductory meeting to establish goals and chart the Ambassador's growth throughout the duration of the program. Thereafter, a weekly meeting will be scheduled to discuss current projects, ask questions, and get feedback.
- Design key art concepts for shows, movies, podcasts, and more
- Design logos for shows and movies
- Design style frames and animate motion graphics for trailers, promos, and teases
- Design pitch decks for presentations
- Attend team meetings, brainstorms, and company events (virtual and/or in-person)
- Communicate with team-members on Microsoft Outlook (email), Slack (messaging), and Zoom (video calls)
- Junior or Senior student enrolled in a Graphic Design major, or adjacent majors, such as Advertising, Motion Design, Illustration, Photography, or Film
- General proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite apps, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Beginner to an intermediate level understanding of InDesign and After Effects
- Experience with Google Products, such as Slides and Docs
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook (email), Slack (messaging), and Zoom (video calls)
- Proactive, down-to-earth, and helpful attitude
- Strong work ethic and eagerness to learn
- Openness to feedback and direction
- Attention to details big and small
- A collaborative ‘team player’ attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-organized, ability to time-manage multiple projects, keep stakeholders updated on progress, and meet deadlines
- Curious, conceptual, creative mindset and passion for design and entertainment!
- Spring Semester: January 23, 2023 – March 30, 2023 (flexible start date to align with start of spring semester)
- 3-month program duration (winter, spring, summer, fall)
- 20 hours a week (minimum) and 40 hours a week (maximum)
- Choice of fully remote or hybrid in-office (NYC) 2 days x week
- Business Hours: 10:00 am EST – 6:00 pm EST (flexible for non-east coast residents)
- Please send a resume and cover letter that expresses your interest in the role, LinkedIn profile, and online portfolio (website, blog, Behance, etc.).
- Paid Weekly $18 x hour