Inside Sales Specialist
ITW is a Fortune 500 diversified, industrial manufacturing company founded on innovation, teamwork, and a strong entrepreneurial spirit. For over 100 years, ITW Employees have kept this spirit alive. Within our culture of respect and shared risk-taking, our employees have the creative freedom and the ITW resources to pursue ideas that lead to customer-focused solutions. Together, we are ITW, a company dedicated to creating opportunities to learn, grow, and build your career.
Zip-Pak is the global leader in resealable solutions for the flexible packaging industry. We operate in more than 52 countries around the world with a workforce of more than 270 dedicated flexible packaging professionals.
These talented individuals adhere to the highest professional standards and focus their efforts to meeting and exceeding the needs of every Zip-Pak client. Combining this commitment to client success with our technical innovation and unmatched network of resources enables us to confidently and consistently deliver “uniquely flexible" solutions to our customers.
The Inside Sales Specialist generates sales of products and services to achieve volume and growth objectives independently and in cooperation with assigned Account Managers. Directly handles sales opportunities with existing customers and prospects. Qualifies sales leads, primarily by telephone. Participates in both individual and team selling with Account Managers and may be responsible for direct management of large or strategic customer accounts. Works closely cross-functionally with Account Managers, service sales, order services, accounts receivable, and other sales support resources, as needed, to effectively to manage customer relationships, pursue selling opportunities and close business.
- Stimulates demand and secures sales for consumable products with existing and new customers in assigned territory through outbound contact effort
- Achieves or exceeds territory sales plan by partnering with the Field Sales Engineer of the territory maintaining existing business and developing incremental business in existing accounts
- Searches for, identifies and develops leads for new business in new accounts within assigned territory
- Manages retention of accounts by proactively reaching out to customers with declining sales within the assigned territory
- Identifies and builds relationships with key decision-makers through friendly, engaging communication
- Builds customer relationships and shares knowledge of products, their characteristics, and the market
- Organizes own work routine with the guidance provided by sales leadership
- Works with the customer service team to provide forecast data to sales management
- Identifies areas to improve customer efficiencies through product simplification
- Partners with the team to organize remote/virtual demonstrations for existing and potential customers & advises customers of the benefits of Zip Pak products
- Assists outside sales team with lead qualifications
- Participates in sales meetings to obtain information on sales objectives, promotional actions, new products, improvement ideas, etc.
- Participates in sales, product and systems training, marketing campaigns, special projects and applies this knowledge in efforts to increase business
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 1 year of sales working experience
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication and a pleasant telephone manner
- Demonstrated customer focus
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team setting to achieve shared goals
- Prominent organization and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task a high volume of projects at one time
- Works independently as a self-starter, successful at prioritizing work
- Decision making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills
- Persistent and positive attitude
- Formal or corporate training in selling skills desired
- Proficient level of competency in using Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life, LTD insurance, 401k (with company match), employee assistance, wellness and 100% tuition reimbursement programs. ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.