2023 Summer Intern - US Global Wealth Management Account Analyst
2023 Summer Internship - Account Analyst, US Global Wealth Management
By applying to this role, you will be considered for a position within one of our three GWM teams: Strategic Accounts, Growth Markets, and Private Client Group.
The Strategic Accounts team serves a unique and dynamic role that is based around the core responsibility of servicing PIMCO’s largest intermediary clients (i.e. national and regional broker-dealers, banks, platforms, etc.). In addition to client servicing responsibilities, the Strategic Accounts account analysts play an integral role within the account management team to develop and execute client business plans in collaboration with GWM stakeholders, including sales and
product strategy teams.
Interns will work alongside associates to gather, analyze, and discuss economic and fixed income trends, evaluate portfolio structures and strategies, and deliver performance attribution analyses.
The U.S. GWM Growth Markets Group is focused on the growth and ongoing institutionalization of product and vehicle extensions through teams dedicated to Alternatives, ETFs, Models, and SMAs.
The summer analyst intern will contribute to the team through supporting the group’s key strategic initiatives.
Private Client Group
The Private Client Group analyst’s primary responsibility is to support PIMCO’s investment professionals to ensure delivery of the highest level of service to our clients.
The summer analyst will contribute to the Private Client Group team's key strategic initiatives and campaigns, and support Account Managers with client follow up, meeting preparation, RFPs, and customized due diligence requests.
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
- The PIMCO Internship Program begins in early/mid-June 2023
- During Week 1, you’ll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering, developed to heighten the impact of our employees' worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You’ll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events!
- As a PIMCO intern, you’ll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
How you should apply:
We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready.
What to expect during the interview process:
- After we receive your application, we'll conduct an initial resume review. We'll send status updates throughout the process.
- You’ll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview.
- If selected to move forward, you'll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via video conference. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
You're eligible to apply if you:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of Dec 2023 – June 2024
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average, on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent, at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
You'll excel as a Global Wealth Management Account Analyst if you:
- Show strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
- Have the ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Possess the ability to develop client relationships into strategic partnerships and interest in client facing career within Finance
- Are personable, ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
- Have the ability to multi-task and handle several projects delivering completed work within expected timeline
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- have Finance/capital markets coursework (recommended, not required)
New York, NY Hourly Rate: $ 43.26