Senior Account Associate, Media (k221028)
As a Senior Account Associate, you will support day-to-day outreach activities for a variety of integrated campaigns across kglobal’s clients. This includes communicating with the media and generating media placements on behalf of clients. You will also play a role in writing and content creation for client deliverables. You will work with peers, senior leaders, and account managers to write op-eds, pitch stories and features, and secure placements for trade associations, Fortune 500 companies, nonprofit organizations, and other clients.
- Support client accounts by executing important tactical functions, including creating media lists, pitching news outlets and journalists, monitoring for media placements, researching media opportunities, and more
- Build and maintain relationships with reporters, editors, and influencers to drive results for clients
- Contribute to content development for a variety of deliverables, including op-eds, blog posts, white papers, and longform articles
- Deliver media monitoring reports and summaries for clients
- Constantly bring creative new ideas to the table to help clients break through the clutter and reach their target audiences
- Follow the news cycle to develop news hooks that resonate with target media outlets
- Support, participate and add value to kglobal business development efforts through research
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in the media/communications field
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using a variety of communications tools and databases
- Intellectually curious, creative, and a problem solver
If you don't check all the boxes but still are interested in working with us, please apply. Nobody is perfect; we're looking for teammates who are fun, love learning, and are excited about what we are building.
kglobal is a full service strategic, communications, creative and crisis firm based in Washington D.C. with clients that span government agencies to trade associations to commercial brands. Our team works with organizations, both public and private, to enhance their capabilities, identify new markets, protect their reputation and generate demand. This fusion of expertise and talent from 60+ employees results in unexpected solutions, thought-provoking campaigns and superior outcomes. When you’re wired to think differently, the possibilities are endless.
kglobal is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.