Marketing & Communications Intern
Longwood Gardens offers excellent professional opportunities to gain practical experience, learn career skills, and study in one of the world's premier display gardens.
The Marketing and Communications Intern will have the opportunity to join a creative, dynamic, hard-working, and fun team that oversees brand management, media and community relations, advertising, social media, external and internal communications, creative services, email marketing, and website management for the most-visited paid cultural attraction in the Greater Philadelphia Region.
In this role, the intern becomes an integral member of the team while gaining exposure to various aspects of Marketing and Communication and hands-on experience supporting a well-known brand. Based on the intern’s interests and strengths, projects may include:
Areas of Growth
- Content creation, including writing and art directing for various platforms and audiences including social media, email, website, print publications, press, and community relations
- Photography and videography assignments
- Creating and managing marketing, communications, and/or PR campaigns
- Engaging and building relationships with our fans on social media
- Cross-departmental teamwork, learning to involve and balance the needs of multiple internal stakeholders
- Website content management using the Drupal platform
- Event planning
- Enrolled or completed a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and creative team player
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Keen eye for photography
- Knowledge of Photoshop and video editing software a plus
- Photography and videography experience a plus
This is a full-time, 12-month paid internship. Apply by February 3 for a June start.