Development Intern (Atlanta Based - on site)
Core Spaces is a vertically integrated company focused on acquiring, developing, and managing residential properties that create a better life for everyone under our roof. From world-class amenities and progressive design to client service with a hospitality-driven approach, we create spaces where people want to be.
What We Do
Core Spaces provides living spaces and services that create a better daily life for its residents. Our projects are thoughtfully designed, customized, developed, and managed to create extraordinary lifestyle experiences as unique as their respective markets. Since our founding in 2010, Core has consistently delivered award-winning developments in top markets across the country. We currently own and/or manage 37 properties nationwide, totaling over 16,000 units, and have a pipeline of over 40,000 units in various stages of development and acquisition. For more information, check us out at: www.corespaces.com.
Core Space’s Development Intern will support the Development Managers to help with various project activities during the delivery of their assigned Development Project.
What You Will Do
- Assistance with the project delivery and close-out in order to facilitate a successful completion and turnover.
- Project close out will include punch-list review/tracking/coordination, FF&E (fixtures, furnishing, and equipment) delivery/coordination/installation, unit and common area set-up, as well as assisting the Development Team and Management team during move-ins.
- Beyond project close out the Development Intern may assist with review & enforcement contractual requirements for design & construction professionals; meet with contractors, architects, engineers & consultants to review projects' status and resolve issues; review & analysis of potential changes to budget or schedule; and attend project meetings.
Ideally, you'll have
- The ability to maintain professionalism in the face of deadlines; exhibit good listening, negotiation, and problem-solving skills; and to handle confidential information with discretion and trustworthiness.
- A demonstration of strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A highly motivated self-starter with a high level of personal integrity and business ethics who thrives in a team environment.
- A demonstrated ability to interact with, and develop, relationships with business partners.
- Excellent time management, communication, organization, and personal effectiveness skills, as well as good computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Project).
- Experience with construction, architecture, engineering, or project management, is a plus
- 20-40 hours per week. Schedule determined by Intern and Development Manager. It is anticipated that ½ of the time will be spent shadowing development staff on site and in meetings, while the balance of time will be spent independently on the Job site carrying out directly from the team
- The internship duration will be January 2, 2023 - August 2, 2023
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Core Spaces celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment, which creates a sense of belonging for all employees. We do not discriminate and believe every individual should be proud of who they are and the community they represent.