Sales Development Program Sales Associate
As a Sales Associate, for the largest equipment rental company in the world, you will have an exciting opportunity to grow your sales career with the leader in the industry. You will be instrumental in supporting the business plan through profitable revenue generation.
You will report to the Sales Supervisor and will be instrumental in supporting the business plan through profitable revenue generation. Your primary responsibility is to learn all aspects of our sales processes, go to market strategy and branch operational procedures. This is accomplished by a comprehensive sales training program around territory coverage, persuasive selling, handling objections and product & Sales Force knowledge. You will also receive on going side-by-side exposure of the branch's operating staff and procedures. Ultimately this comprehensive development program will develop the proper skills, knowledge and experience necessary for promotion into the Outside Sales Representative position.
This position is working in conjunction with local branch locations near you and working independently. There is a requirement to be within driving distance of a branch location to successfully participate in this program.
Additional duties include the following:
- Qualify and quantify the needs of our existing customer base by utilizing our CRM program, SalesForce.com, and persuasive selling techniques
- Align with our Outside Sales team to set up face to face meetings or deliver on immediate customer requests over the phone providing a seamless experience for our customers
- Responsible for driving overall Active Customer Growth, Used Sales and YoY Rental Revenue Growth for assigned Book of Business
- Validate and Collect primary decision maker's contact information and customer needs for use on future sales and marketing campaigns
- Leverage marketing & Sales tools to identify and sell New Customers
- Recover declining & dormant customers via our sales tools and comprehensive United Rentals value proposition
- Support & learn about branch operations
- Learn accurate use of United Rentals' IT systems for quotes, rental, sales, reservations, territory management
- Coordinate with all branch departments to ensure customer satisfaction; and communicate field issues to branch personnel
- Work with ISR's to provide solutions to customers around equipment needs assessment, training, demonstrations, quotations, catalogs, credit apps
- Negotiate prices on equipment rentals and sales in accordance with pricing policies and procedures
- Support corporate, region and local Growth Programs
- In conjunction with Marketing, coordinate local sales and marketing campaigns to drive higher market penetration and increase active customer base
- Drive customer engagement to local events/promotions
- Perform duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required
- 6 months of inside sales or operations management experience, or one year experience in a sales related role
- Proven planning, problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Proficient computer skills with at least 1 year experience using Microsoft Office
- Strong presentation skills and demonstrate effective sales orientation
- Strong teamwork and organizational skills
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record is required
- Willing and able to relocate
At United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company, we believe that it takes great employees to build a great organization – and we’re passionate about helping our people grow professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do. Our culture is based on our corporate values and centers on mutual respect, job satisfaction, diversity and a shared responsibility to build a better future.
What's in it for you?
U.S. Full Time roles: Best in class benefits offering includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending and health savings accounts; 401(k) retirement with company match; life and disability insurance; and paid time off including sick, vacation, holidays, and paid parental leave. Comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
U.S. Part Time roles: Benefits offering includes 401(k) retirement with company match; paid time off including sick, vacation and holidays; and comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
Canada: Best in class benefits package which includes medical, dental & vision, RRSP/DPSP*, paid time off, comprehensive training and development, and career growth opportunities.
*Offered for full time roles, part time eligibility in select provinces
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.