Creative Studios Live Production Intern
Bungie is looking for a Creative Studios Live Production Intern to join our Live Production team in maintaining and running live video production hardware and software; and to support our content creation team by coordinating content in preparation for each live broadcast. Our studio and Marketing team executes regular live broadcasts, both remotely and in-studio across various platforms, internal and external, and occasionally on other gaming and streaming platforms. This role will work alongside our talented Live Production team learning livestreaming workflows and systems, as well as hands-on studio production assembly, such as cameras, lighting, switchers, and sound equipment.
Working closely with our Broadcast Operator and producers, you will help source content elements such as graphics, animations, b-roll, etc., packaging into elements ready for live use, organizing talent and all other details relevant to each live event. You will assist in maintaining existing live production infrastructure, as well as working with internal and external partners to evolve processes, software and hardware, and to ensure our cutting-edge brand keeps up with (if not leading) media technology’s rapid evolution.
You should have a passion for learning all things live event and/or video production. This position will require technical creativity, excellent communication skills, and an innovative technical mindset to support Bungie in our ambitious live production initiatives, using an evolving set of media production technologies to ensure high quality streams, consistent up-time, and firm reliability of our end-to-end livestream productions.
- Currently enrolled in a U.S. college, university, or related program and returning to school in the fall upon conclusion of the internship
- Available to work full-time for 12 weeks throughout the summer with a set May or June start date
- Participate in the Maintenance of existing in-studio streaming infrastructure. Research, design, build, travel systems used for Bungie’s livestreaming events at external live events. Hardware to include computers, applications, lighting, cameras, and sound equipment
- Work in conjunction with broadcast and events staff to maintain broadcast VOD archive, and archival systems
- Maintain and update streaming platform channels as needed in collaboration with social and community teams
- Support live broadcast events staff during on-site productions, and off-site events
- Propose and maintain documentation relating to live event workflow and processes
- Working knowledge in a live production discipline/class for television broadcast, cable network, or digital media
- Working knowledge in technical production and/or video engineering
- Median to strong knowledge of broadcast production software and hardware, audio software and hardware etc
- Working knowledge of broadcast networking principals
- Ability to perform advanced troubleshooting in a PC work environment with a variety of 3rd party applications
- Keen knowledge of live production infrastructure requirements as it relates to enabling overall supply chain workflows
- Familiar with streaming culture, current trends, competitor streams, etc
- Ability to provide constructive feedback around practices, tools, and methods related to video production and sound design
- Strong human relations skills with the ability to navigate diverse skill sets, learning types, and personality types
- Superb interpersonal skills with an ability to convey complex concepts to all levels of personnel (staff to executive)
- Outstanding problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Personal sense of accountability
- Ability to analyze problems across a variety of facets to design holistic solutions
- Experience in broadcast video engineering
- Experience with video game development
- Experience with video game culture
So you don't meet every requirement listed in this job description? Do you think your experience level is not where it needs to be? Studies show that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they believe they meet every single qualification. Bungie is focused on building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you're interested in this position but your past experience doesn't line up perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we want you to apply anyway. The right role for you may be right around the corner!
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.