Brand Ambassador Intern
A worldwide leader in endurance sports, Spartan is a high-growth, international organization that owns and operates mass-participation athletic events under the brands Spartan®, Tough Mudder®, Spartan Trail®, Hurricane Heat, and DEKA, and offers numerous related fitness, health and nutrition services and products. We create transformational experiences, products, and content to help people, companies and teams tear down boundaries and expand what they believe to be possible. Together with its many subsidiaries and licensees, Spartan combines large scale global events with a vibrant digital content and community platform. With 250 events across more than 40 countries on six continents, Spartan is the worlds leading extreme wellness and endurance brand.
About the Opportunity:
The Spartan Race Brand Ambassador Intern will be responsible for assisting with Local Sales and Marketing plans across crucial event locations. They will ensure executional excellence in all crucial programs and initiatives. This role works closely with the Field Sales & Community Specialist in order to implement local sales & marketing programs that increase brand awareness, build brand loyalty, drive ticket sales, and forge strategic marketing relationships. This position will help support “The Spartan U.S. Race Ambassador Program” and assist in sales-building opportunities.
- Assist in the execution of regional ticket sales for assigned markets as an extension of national initiatives. Including, but not limited to Gym, Running Store, and Large Corporate outreach and team building.
- Cultivate market-specific relationships to create event awareness, drive sales, traffic, and digital engagement.
- Create market-wide promotions and programs that are aligned with national marketing and promotional strategies.
- Measure, evaluate, and report on Ambassador regional marketing initiatives.
- Recruit Ambassadors in national markets that need support.
- Build key relationships with local ambassadors, influencers, community partners, and like-minded brands.
- Support local sales and volunteer outreach efforts, including establishing affiliate & reward programs as incentives to drive event ticket sales.
- Work on social media content, website content, and local PR.
- Collaborate with the partnerships servicing team to fulfill local marketing partner benefits.
- Work cross-departmentally with the parent company, to ensure best practices and the ability to maximize marketing efforts.
Spartan Race, Inc. Ambassador Program
- Support Ambassador recruitment, selection, & training processes.
- Help with program correspondence.
- Weekly communication around garnering support for overarching brand campaigns (insight, participation).
- Collaborate on the Ambassador Facebook group.
- Pursuing college degree with interest in organizational leadership, community organizing, workforce development, human resources or event production.
- Proficient in Google Suite products (Slides, Sheets, Docs)
- Great communication and phone skills
- Ability to multi-task well.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing organization.
- Ability to work in Corporate Office located in Orlando, FL
- Travel to events, may be required.