Events and Programs Internship - SPRING 2023
Rally Foundation was started by a simple yet powerful question from one mother to another,
“What can I do to help?”
Rally’s mission is to empower volunteers across the country to raise awareness and funds for childhood cancer research to find better treatments with fewer long-term side effects and, ultimately, cures.
Join our team and answer the question.
We are seeking an energetic individual pursuing a future career in nonprofit, event production, marketing, project management or similar field. The candidate must be committed to Rally’s mission and have a desire to serve our supporters and volunteers with compassion, integrity, and humility. This is a fast-paced, multi-faceted opportunity for a candidate who wants to work hard and gain unparalleled experience in a nonprofit setting.
Selected interns will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in the area(s) of: business and non-profit management; development and fundraising; marketing; logistics; professionalism; and community relations. Students currently enrolled towards a degree in the following areas are strongly encouraged to apply: Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Public Administration, Social Work or other related areas of study.
Our paid internship program is an immersive experience last eight to twelve weeks averaging 20-25 hours per week in our office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Pay rate varies between $10-15 per hour depending on experience and availability. Attendance at several of our special events is required. Additional in-office days around special events may be required.
Necessary Skills Include:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to effectively manage multiple projects
· Strong organizational and research skills
· An ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
· Computer literacy (Microsoft Office)
· Social Media Experience on all major platforms is a plus
· Professional demeanor
· Eagerness to learn
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
· Available minimum 20 hours per week.
· Time will be split in office and working remotely.
- Signature Events: Assist with auction coordination, guest lists, mailings, vendor communications and logistics and sponsor benefits.
- 4 Quarters for Research change collection program: assist with research, outreach to participants, mailings, thank yous and follow ups.
- Community Partners: Assist in prospect research, competitive research, marketing design and social requests, and attending events.
- Peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns: Assist with tracking progress, communicating with participants, incentive fulfillment, thank you notes, and social media requests.
- Rally Kids: Assist in data entry of new Rally Kids in our database, email program, and website. Send out Rally Kid Welcome Packages. Attend and assist in planning Rally Kid events.
- Volunteer Program: Assist in volunteer recruitment and management for our events and projects. Organize lists and create nametags.
- Office Support: Organizing inventories and spaces, filing and organizing of documents, thank you and acknowledgement letters and mailings.
If you are interested in applying for Rally’s internship position, please submit an application through your school’s online portal or email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please, no phone calls.