At 9&10 News of Northern Michigan you will find a thriving, robust and exciting company with a world class facility and location in beautiful Northern Michigan. We offer competitive pay, first class benefits and opportunities to learn and grow alongside accomplished leaders in the industry.
The Company: Heritage Broadcasting’s roots began on air in 1954 and we have been growing and evolving ever since! We are proud to be the News Leader in Northern Michigan! Today, we are home to news, weather, and entertainment content, 9&10 News (CBS), Local 32 (Fox), and CW 32 as well as ME TV, Lake Effect Digital, MyNorth Media (digital agency), ION, and MI Sports Now+.
The Position: 9&10 News is looking a driven lifestyle anchor who will shape and grow one of the best lifestyle shows in the region, “the four”. We take our lifestyle brand seriously, and this person should bring that energy and authenticity to our viewers every day. The ideal candidate would push boundaries to engage our viewers and users on all platforms. We collaborate as a team, and this person would play a big role in that collaboration in planning and execution. The ideal anchor candidate would not only excel in the anchor chair, but also be a master storyteller.
- Innovative: Our industry changes every day. Fresh ideas are welcomed and encouraged!
- Motivating & Engaging: Regardless of position or job title, you will find our team members are proud of their contributions, individual and team accomplishments, and they love to celebrate them!
- Collaborative: No one person or department is able to do it all. We rely on our strengths and weaknesses to complement one another to create an unbeatable team.
- Inclusive: We know to get all kinds of ideas, we need all kinds of people!
- Writing stories & developing new creative content
- Assist in producing the show
- Writing web articles & posting videos online
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere software
- Interacting with viewers and users on social media sites
- Interview guests in a sometimes non-scripted, lifestyle show environment
- Knowledge of current events, popular culture, and compelling stories in Northern Michigan
- Perform other duties assigned
- Experience Reporting and/or Anchoring, preferably on a lifestyle or morning show
- A degree in journalism or a related field is preferred
- Understanding of AP & Broadcast-style writing
- Must have strong organizational, communication and time management skills
- Ability to come up with innovative and creative ideas
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Strong social media skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have a positive attitude.
In addition, we hope you’ll appreciate:
- Great and inspiring company culture. Entrepreneurship mentality.
- Rest and relaxation. 3 weeks + of paid time off. 9 paid holidays. Unlimited sick time.
- Comprehensive benefits including a 100% employer-paid, employee-only option.
- Prepare for the future. 401(k) with a company match to provide a better future in your retirement years.
- Development opportunities. We are growing which in turn provides opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
The Location: Heritage Broadcasting is based in beautiful Northern Michigan. This position will be based out of our Cadillac office. This is a great place to live, work, and play! With rich forests, trails for miles, sand dunes, and an abundance of shorelines, it’s easy to see why we love it so much! Northern Michigan truly offers something for everyone with our beautiful four seasons and opportunity for year-round outdoor adventures!
Are you ready? Are you excited? Let’s talk!
Heritage Broadcasting is an EEO Employer.