Public Procurement Internship
Effective September 20, 2021, the Hillsborough County Aviation Authority (HCAA) has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy that requires all new hire employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
The Public Procurement Department internship will provide experience in the public procurement process in support of the requirements of Authority departments and their objectives. This internship is an in-person opportunity; no telework option is available.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment.
Objectives of the internship include:
- Assist Procurement Agents with facilitating the formal public solicitation process.
- Assist Procurement Agents in completing electronic purchase orders.
- Complete a mock invitation for bid and request for proposals.
- Understand the elements of an HCAA contract and complete a mock cooperative or sole source contract.
- Complete P-Card training, understand supplier e-payment methods, and assist with supplier outreach.
- Report on the progress of a procurement-related bill in the Florida Legislative session.
- Complete nine NASPO Independent Study Courses at: https://www.naspo.org/procurement-focus/.
- Assist Materials Management with cycle counts, quotes, and sale of surplus items.
- Understand the department and operating budget, and review funding sources for the Authority’s capital budget.
- Complete a final presentation to leadership that assesses the internship experience.
- Must be enrolled in a college or university pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Public Policy, Finance, or another related field.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner and present effectively both orally and in writing, with strong attention to detail.
- Must have a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Internship is up to 15 hours per week for ten (10) weeks. Hours will be determined based on department needs and intern school schedule.
- The Pay Rate is $22.00 per hour.
The Authority is interested in qualified candidates authorized to work in the United States. The Authority is unable to sponsor work visas.
TPA MISSION STATEMENT
To be a major driver in the economic growth of the Tampa Bay Region. We will be leading-edge innovators to create global access and extraordinary customer experiences through our people and facilities to build prosperity for our stakeholders and the region.
TPA VISION STATEMENT
To be a vibrant aviation gateway for Tampa Bay, providing access and economic opportunity for our stakeholders.
The Aviation Authority-Tampa International Airport provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership, or non-membership in an employee organization, or based on personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
The Aviation Authority-Tampa International Airport welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.