Evening News Anchor
Here you will find a thriving, robust and exciting company with a world-class facility and location in beautiful Northern Michigan. We offer competitive pay, first-class benefits, and opportunities to learn and grow alongside accomplished leaders in the industry.
The Company: Heritage Broadcasting’s roots began on air in 1954 and we have been growing and evolving ever since! We are proud to be the News Leader in Northern Michigan! We strive every day to build community partnerships and inform, educate and entertain our viewers across broadcast, print, and digital platforms.
The Position: 9&10 News is looking for an experienced journalist to anchor our evening newscasts. We are seeking a journalist who understands how to thrive in a competitive news environment. This person must be extremely passionate about bringing news to our viewers, not just someone who wants to be on TV. The ideal candidate will embrace a digital presence and knows how to consistently engage with our viewers. Our newsroom runs on creative freedom, put on your creative hat and join this outstanding team!
- 100% Company Paid Employee Medical and Dental Insurance
- Dependent Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K with a Company Match
- 17 Days PTO
- Unlimited Sick Time
- Quarterly Profit Sharing Bonus
- Relocation Allowance
- Clothing & Grooming Allowance
- Innovative: Our industry changes every day. Fresh ideas are welcomed and encouraged!
- Motivating & Engaging: Regardless of position or job title, you will find our team members are proud of their contributions, individual and team accomplishments, and they love to celebrate them!
- Collaborative: No one person or department is able to do it all. We rely on our strengths and weaknesses to complement one another to create an unbeatable team.
- Inclusive: We know to get all kinds of ideas, we need all kinds of people!
- Must have solid vocal delivery and engaging camera presence while joining an ambitious weekday evening team that delivers strong numbers in its time period.
- Ensures that all news content meets company journalistic integrity and production quality standards.
- Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner
- Serve as mentor to other newsroom journalists
- Be able to multi-task on various projects, with numerous deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for storytelling
- Two years of anchoring or five years of reporting experience preferred
- Excellent News judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues.
- Promotes teamwork and maintains an attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
- Write and post copy on all digital platforms as new information is learned
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university in the field of Journalism or Broadcasting.
- Non-linear editing experience required.
- Communication Skills – Effectively communicate with people of all knowledge levels in both written and verbal forms.
- Must have a valid driver license.
The Location: Heritage Broadcasting is based in beautiful Northern Michigan. The position will be located in Cadillac, Michigan. This is a great place to live, work and play! With rich forests, trails for miles, sand dunes, and an abundance of shorelines, it’s easy to see why we love it so much! Northern Michigan truly offers something for everyone with our beautiful four seasons and opportunity for year-round outdoor adventures!
Are you ready? Are you excited? Let’s Talk!
Heritage Broadcasting is an EEO Employer.