Associate Athletics Director of Major Gifts
Associate Athletics Director of Major Gifts
Job ID: 249100
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
Statesboro Campus - Statesboro, GA
The Associate Athletic Director of Major Gifts will focus on managing all aspects of major gifts for the Georgia Southern Athletic Foundation. This position will focus on fundraising gifts of $25K or more for Georgia Southern Athletics and will have the Director of Major Gifts as a direct report. Directly reporting to and working closely with the Deputy Athletics Director of Development, this position will be one with extensive travel requirements focused on building a pipeline and raising money.
• Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
• Solicit for leadership and major gifts for the Soar Above All campaign
• Lead the major gifts program, including campaign planning, prospect/pipeline management, managing the lifetime giving societies and ensuring fundraising goals are achieved
• Complete at least 200 personal visits annually
• Identify new prospects and work towards closing gifts from those prospects
• Travel 3-4 weeks out of every month
• Work collaboratively with the University Foundation
• Build a portfolio of at least 100 major gift prospects
• Perform 15-20 major gift solicitations annually
• Bachelor's Degree
• Five (5) or more years of related work experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
• Master's Degree
• Experience in all facets of fundraising for a Division I collegiate athletics program
$70,000 - $75,000
Required Documents to Attach
• Cover Letter
• List of References
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
• Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment through commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
• Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
• High level of motivation, initiative and innovation
• Ability to adapt and show a willingness to learn and grow
• Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
• Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Apply Before Date
Open Until Filled
Application review may begin as early as October 17, 2022.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Job%20Opening%20Questions.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or mailto:email@example.com?subject=Job%20Opening%20Questions.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the University.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Proof of valid driver's license upon hire and throughout employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
• Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Work generally performed in office environment and at outdoor events
• Workweek often extends beyond 40 hours
• Evening and weekend work may be required
• Travel required
• This is not a supervisory position.
• This position is required to drive.
• This role is considered a position of trust.
• Position of Trust + Education
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3647466
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.