APCO is hiring current students and recent graduates to join our full-time, competitively paid internship program.
Our interns will experience on-the-job training in client services, global marketing, or new business development, are embedded with one or more of our five North American office teams, and are involved in a wide variety of daily client account activities. Interns are treated as professional staff, participate in team meetings and actively contribute ideas, and support the overall management and growth of client work and the firm.
APCO’s clients include local, national and global organizations in the technology, trade, food and beverage, and healthcare sectors.
APCO’s in-house creative team is comprised of creative strategists, designers, video editors, copywriters, animators, creative directors, and production coordinators.
· Assisting the creative team with various projects; including:
· Crafting copy for advertising, PR and PA
· Creative concepting
· Scripting for video/multimedia
· Writing web copy
· Developing social media posts and digital ads
· Editing content for a variety of projects
· Assisting in development of creative briefs
· Conducting research and analysis on projects
· Work with creative directors, designers, producers, editors, writers and project/account staff
· Other tasks and projects as assigned
The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, creative, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and attentive to detail. Applicants are expected to have excellent written and oral communication skills and experience successfully balancing multiple tasks.
You’ll also have an opportunity to be part of daily meetings with the creative team, work directly with a creative director/copywriter to hone your craft, partner with designers and art directors, gain deeper insight into writing for various mediums, collaborate with others, and work on high-profile brands—all of which will make for excellent contributions to your portfolio at the end of your time here.
· Portfolio and/or writing samples that demonstrate expertise in creative writing and copywriting
· Ability to write in different styles, voices and tones
· Strong command of the English language
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word
· Ability to take feedback and make adjustments accordingly
· Previous work in an agency or in-house creative team preferred
· Candidates must be team players with excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to work against tight deadlines
· Available to work 20-40 hours per week within proximity to our NY, DC or Raleigh offices to work in a flexible manner (remote acceptable, but ability to come into office 1-2 days a week preferred)
· Knowledge of project management software is a plus
To apply, please submit your resume and portfolio.
This is a paid internship opportunity of $16.10/hour.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for five consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and competitive compensation.