This is a hybrid (40% remote and 60% onsite) role in San Francisco, CA.
Odoo is the world's top open-source ERP business software, and the Motion Designer is key to communicating our product offerings! Our Motion Designer will coordinate with various marketing team members to strategically create promotional videos that showcase our apps and features for new and existing users.
We are looking for someone passionate about video animation and video editing to help us grow and increase our brand visibility WORLDWIDE. We offer opportunities for career growth and great benefits in a fun, dynamic, multicultural, and multinational working environment. This role will be based out of San Francisco, CA.
As our Motion Designer at Odoo, you will create unique and innovative content to raise brand awareness and help our existing users.
Your day-to-day will vary between full-time production of a video & storyboarding/ideation of the next video with the content team.
- Develop video content for our various channels, including on-site, organic, paid social, events, etc., to drive marketing goals such as brand awareness, product education, lead generation, and so on
- Design and produce varieties of static and motion video concepts from start to finish
- Contribute to, and elevate the Marketing team’s video production process
- Think critically about problems that require a balance between creativity and implementation (thinking vs. doing), and help guide non-technical contributors through the video production process quickly and collaboratively
- Coordinate and direct live video streamings for events, tutorials, and trainings
- High-visibility collaboration with the Marketing and Sales teams across varieties of different projects
- Demonstrable video animation and editing experience supplemented with a work portfolio; the portfolio should ultimately speak to the quality of your work
- Ability to communicate and synthesize creative ideas, processes, and outcomes, e.g. knowing when to use static vs. when to use animated creative in a project, ability to weigh team feedback and make revisions against project deadlines, etc.
- Expert in digital media technology and editing software packages (familiarity with file formats, codecs, and color spaces, along with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Illustrator)
- Experience leading projects independently while managing deadlines around common team goals
- Creative mindset with strong attention to quality, detail, and rhythm
- Knowledge of Youtube Live, OBS, and live-streaming platforms
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media, Communications, Film, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Available immediately
- At least 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Project management experience
- Entrepreneurial/startup mindset; a balanced mix of self-motivation and grit, courage to try new things and see them through, and a creative mindset to push the boundaries on what is safe/familiar (and the knowledge of when to push for new ideas vs. flow with what’s standard)
- Knowledge of a 3D package (Blender, Cinema4D, Maya, etc.)
- Experience with broadcasting/streaming
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry design standards and trends
- Get-it-done attitude: you can work in a fast-paced start-up environment and are hands-on with tasks and projects.
- Open-source approach: you are open-minded, collaborative, and can react to change with agility
- Independent self-starter: you are an eager, quick, and autonomous learner
- Courage to try new things: you have an entrepreneurial mindset and are not afraid to take action.
- Focus on impact over ego: willing to contribute to and grow a dynamic company culture
Benefits and Perks:
- $100 towards an offsite office set up + the ability to pick up chairs, laptop stands, etc., as needed. (All office equipment picked up is considered office property, whereas the $100 spent on office equipment would be yours to keep)
- Healthcare (KAISER!), dental, vision, life insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account
- PTO (Paid-time-off), paid sick days, and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program; 3 X 1-hour telehealth calls with certified mental health professionals
- Evolve in a nice working atmosphere with a passionate growing team!
- Company-sponsored events for groups of 6+ employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits such as parking and transit
- Chef-prepared lunches - snacks, fruit, and coffee/drinks on tap!
The salary range for this role is $75,000-$95,000. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location.
Odoo welcomes people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.