Data Warehousing Engineer Intern (Remote) -2023 Summer Program
The Career Potential
We are excited to announce that Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is now becoming QuidelOrtho! This transaction will bring together two world-class teams and complementary product portfolios to serve patients around the world.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
As QuidelOrtho continues to grow, we are seeking a Data Warehousing Engineer Intern who will support the Global Data & Analytics, IT organization. This is a remote position (ideally seeking East Coast-based candidates) who will be part of the 2023 Summer Internship Program.
- Interact with various teams to understand IT and business processes.
- Assist in documenting the company's current and future state.
- Assist in the design of Data models across multiple domains including Finance, Order to Cash, Customer Service, and Supply chain
- Assist in building and testing Azure Data Factory ETL jobs.
- Assist in the design and development of a greenfield next Gen Azure Data lake.
- Assist in development using Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Python, and SQL.
The Job Deliverables
- The intern will present to a cross-functional team.
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree or graduate program majoring in Data Warehousing, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Minimum Year in school: Senior or Graduate Student
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Strong interest in data warehousing technology and processes, serverless cloud computing, or related topics.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to develop relationships with the team and across different functions.
- Experience developing presentations, reporting, and analyzing.
- Interns should be prepared to fully commit to the start and end dates proposed
- Interns are expected to provide their housing, travel, and any other requirements necessary for their participation in this program
The pay range for the Internship Program is between $16/hr to $30/hr, The pay rate will be determined by the year in school, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the candidate. Benefits are not included for this position.