Stewards VISTA: Southwest Conservation Corps
Stewards VISTA: Southwest Conservation Corps
Bi-weekly Living Allowance of $675.08
Please review benefits section as well - this position offers financial support in relocation, travel, and housing (below)
Segal Education Award:
Position is eligible for an AmeriCorps education award upon successful completion of the program. Value of education award is $6,495.00 (pre-tax).
For more information regarding the education award, please visit https://americorps.gov/members-volunteers/segal-americorps-education-award
Application Due Date:
Preference given to applicants that submit application by 01/01/2022.
Stewards Individual Placements (SIP) provides individuals with service and career opportunities to strengthen communities and preserve our natural resources. Participants work with federal agencies, tribal governments, and nonprofits building institutional capacity, developing community relationships, and supporting ecosystem health.
SIP in partnership with Southwest Conservation Corps is hiring an intern to work on SCC’s host housing program in its pilot year. This program aims to remove barriers for low-income members to participate in all of SCC’s programming. The afore-mentioned programs help individuals gain valuable life and professional skills, and ultimately aim to lift and educate the next generation of resource managers. By removing these barriers, we hope to increase access to these communities, as well as helping to meet members' basic needs so that they can thrive within our programs.
Member activities include:
1. Assist in community outreach and execution of our Host Housing program during its pilot year.
2. Focus on engaging the local community in terms of local recruitment as well as helping create a donor base for Southwest Conservation Corps within the communities we serve.
3. Track Performance Measures (outputs and outcomes) and submit quarterly and final progress reports inclusive of qualitative and quantitative data. Prepare and submit or work with the organization to secure future funding to alleviate the barriers of housing for our participants.
4. Identify, engage and educate potential hosts to participate in the host home program.
- Assist in recruitment of local community members that can serve as hosts for our participants. VISTA will assist in educating participants and potential participants on host housing opportunities.
- Develop recruitment materials. Assist in designing recruitment systems focused on the local communities. Assist in creating an outreach campaign to recruit local communities that can afford to assist. Create systems for outreach that can be replicated and continued after service.
- VISTA will work to identify appropriate grant funding opportunities for the organization. Help conduct community outreach and recruit volunteers to serve as Hosts.
- Assist in community events and reaching out to local businesses. Organize host appreciation activities. Assist in fielding inquiries from community members.
- Conduct outreach to local businesses. Modify project structure to meet the needs of each program. Help program staff implement the housing program in each program able to support it.
Position Responsibilities will include:
· Build collaborative capacity
· Local outreach
· Grant writing
· Community and economic development
· Housing and Homelessness
- Minimum Age of 18
- U.S. Citizen or Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Make a full year commitment
- College degree
- Car recommended
- General skills
- Non-profit management
- Community Organization
- Public speaking
- Environment skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Position is eligible for an AmeriCorps education award upon successful completion of the program. Value of education award is $6,495.00 (pre-tax).
- Living Allowance of $675.08 Bi-weekly
- Relocation Allowance ($0.40/mile, if relocating)
- Settling In Allowance ($750.00)
- Health Coverage Available
- Childcare assistance
- Housing assistance ($400/month)
- Professional development funds $750
For More Information
Contact JM Aurednik – Stewards Program Coordinator
For additional positions open from Stewards, please follow this link: https://stewardslegacy.org/open-positions.
Stewards Individual Placements Program does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.