Yale Conferences & Events (YC&E) provides comprehensive program planning services, serves over 15,000 program participants, and manages approximately 100 non-accredited programs each year. Many of YC&E’s activities are focused on high school, college, and adult summer programs. Please visit http://conferencesandevents.yale.edu/ for more information.
The Hospitality Coordinator (HC) will report to the Office Manager (OM). This position will also work closely with a team of HC’s and other seasonal and full-time staff to facilitate the arrival and departure of program participants and staff. The HC will be expected to provide an elevated level of customer service to clients and participants while demonstrating responsiveness and professionalism. The HC serves as a knowledgeable professional and primary asset in the daily operation of a 24-hour office. Individuals will be asked to know and understand the workings of the YC&E front desk operations and utilize Salesforce, StarRez, and Trello management systems. This position operates in a public relations capacity by greeting the group organizers and their participants and by courteously and efficiently aiding them as necessary while in residence. A hospitality coordinator will be expected to cultivate and develop relationships with internal and external service providers, serve as a liaison between summer operations and other university departments and will staff the YC&E 24/7 housing office.
- Working with a team of hospitality coordinators to provide 24-hour front desk coverage and receive inquiries from clients and campus partners via email, phone, walk-in or Salesforce.
- Check participants in and out of StarRez database by issuing and collecting room keys and access cards.
- Assist with the opening and closing of the central office.
- Maintain a log of all client and service provider interactions and document all incidents for follow-up.
- Assist YC&E staff with Ad Hoc tasks that may arise.
- Assist in the locating and disseminating client and participant related information using Salesforce and StarRez.
- Follow up and help resolve open support tickets with YC&E staff and service providers.
- Assist in the preparation of check in and check out procedures.
- Be the first point of contact with clients on campus and ensure client satisfaction.
- Have a full understanding of each program’s operation and daily logistical needs.
- Greet participants and handle all inquiries, providing exceptional customer service.
- Develop community and peer relationships, build rapport that fosters open communication, and act as a positive role model.
Must be a college undergraduate, graduate student, or recent graduate.
Customer service and/or operations experience preferred.
StarRez experience preferred.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills for telephone, email, and personal contact.
- Must have a pleasant, helpful attitude, calm under pressure and enjoy customer service.
- Must have the ability to encourage and motivate others to work as a part of a team and adhere to deadlines.
- Attention to detail, organized, patient, and maintain a professional appearance.
- Highly proficient at managing multiple priorities while exceeding client expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and deliver requested results.
- Willingness to work independently.
- Candidates must be dependable and thorough.
- Prior CRM and/or event management software experience is helpful but not required.
- A strong work ethic and internal drive to continually improve will be expected.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 25 lbs.
- Virtual Training Dates: Monday, May 1, 2023, to Sunday, May 14, 2023
- On Campus Employment Dates: Monday, May 15, 2023, to Friday, August 11, 2023
This position requires early morning, late-night and overnight hours for our 24-hour office. Overnight shifts are a requirement for the position. Schedule will vary each week with days off usually occurring on weekdays. Weekend and holiday work is regularly required. Training for the position will begin with virtual learning sessions and then followed by in-person sessions on campus. **Exemptions to the start and end date may be available with approval from YC&E staff and will be discussed during the interview. Candidates with concerns about the start or end date are encouraged to reach out to email@example.com to discuss.
$16.00 per hour; free single room in Yale housing, 3 meals a day meal plan, weekly hours ranging from 16 to 40, gym membership and the possibility of approved overtime that pays time and one half and YC&E apparel. Employees are issued a Yale ID for the duration of employment which gives access to the Yale shuttle system, discounts at local establishments and museums. Meals begin at the opening of the first dining hall and conclude with the closing of the last. There may be days at the beginning and end of the contract when the dining halls are not open, and staff are on their own for meals. **To be eligible to receive the room and board benefits, candidates must be available to work over 24 hours a week. **Housing and dining subject to public health guidance and changes to Yale’s COVID-19 policies.
IMPORTANT: The university requires all students, faculty, staff, and postdoctoral/postgraduate trainees to obtain a COVID-19 vaccine or a university approved medical or religious exemption and to document their vaccination status in the university’s COVID-19 Health and Safety Database. Also see https://covid19.yale.edu/covid-19-vaccination-policy.
To apply, you can go to our website at https://conferencesandevents.yale.edu/about-us/employment. Priority deadline for applications is Friday, January 20. Application will officially close on Sunday, February 19 at 11:59pm. If you have any questions, please visit our website at https://conferencesandevents.yale.edu/ or reach out to us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org