2023 - Legal Intern, US
Every month, millions of people across the world are downloading MongoDB to transform industries and build amazing apps that are used everyday. We believe that making data easy to work with allows our users the opportunity to free their genius and create something world-changing. The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $137.82B+ by 2026!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. Join our team to help us ‘Think Big, GoFar’ this summer!
We're seeking a legal intern interested in learning how to be an effective business and technology lawyer while having fun at a hyper-growth, fast-paced data platform company. You will be an integral member of the legal team, involved in a wide range of projects related to our MongoDB products and our stakeholders. Your work may include researching complex legal issues, crafting legal advice, assistance in contract review, and hands-on problem solving with our team.
What we are looking for in you
- Currently pursuing a Law degree, in your 1L year
- Intellectually curious, helpful, and a team-player
- Interested in technology transactions, corporate law, marketing, privacy and security, and intellectual property
What you'll find at MongoDB
- A workplace culture where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work, we believe that Embracing the Power of Differences is the best way to broaden our own perspectives and foster innovation
- Mentorship from engineers who are passionate about developing your skills and helping you grow
- Membership within our Employee Resource Groups where you can gain build community and receive guidance from employees of similar backgrounds and/or common identities
- Impactful projects where you can Make it Matter - your meaningful work will see the light of day
- Insight from groundbreakers in tech, including our executives and department leaders through networking events
- A supportive community of fellow interns to spend the summer with and participate in local activities and social events
- Relocation assistance, housing, and a commuting stipend to allow you to comfortably settle into your new location
- A chance to see if MongoDB is where you see yourself long term with the possibility of receiving a full time offer at the end of the summer!
We provide interns work life balance through a flexible culture which includes a ton of great perks and benefits. From paid time off and paid company holidays, unlimited snacks in the office, ping pong and pool tournaments, a Headspace meditation app subscription, and even complimentary fitness and yoga classes, we are committed to your well-being!
MongoDB internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 10 or 11 consecutive weeks lasting from dates in June until August.
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your Campus Recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws
MongoDB values individuals for their unique skills and experiences, and we’re proud to offer roles in a variety of locations across the United States. If you plan to work from New York, please read more below to learn more about New York City’s Pay Transparency law.
MongoDB’s salary range for this role in New York is $83,200.00 - $83,200.00. Actual compensation is unique to each candidate and based on a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, and specific work location.
Salary is one part of MongoDB’s total compensation and benefits package. We’re proud to present all employees with a generous equity offering and access to an employee stock purchase program. Other benefits include flexible paid time off, 20 weeks of fully-paid gender-neutral parental leave, fertility and adoption assistance, mental health counseling, access to transgender-inclusive health insurance coverage, and rich health insurance offerings.
MongoDB is also dedicated to the career growth and development of our employees. To support this, we offer opportunities to take part in additional training and upskill programs along with mobility pathways between roles, teams, and geographies.Learn more about employee benefits that make a difference at MongoDB.