Our mission is to fight student debt.
At Bold.org, anyone and any company can create customized scholarships, fellowships, and grants in minutes with the confidence that the award will go to deserving individuals who will boldly change the world.
We’re profitable, growing quickly and hiring amazing people who want to change the education and philanthropy landscapes. If that resonates, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
We are looking for a skilled Writer to develop and publish research and analysis for both donors and students that leverages our extensive base of proprietary data.
You will work directly with our SEO Growth Lead, Marketing, and Operations teams to develop topics, research questions, and insights and translate them into in-depth research reports, articles, and white papers.
You will be joining a small team as a critical early-stage team member, and will be expected to bring tremendous creativity, ownership, and drive as you represent and grow the Bold.org brand.
What You'll Do
- Develop well-researched, in-depth, thoroughly considered articles, white papers, and research reports that provide an authoritative perspective on topics across scholarships, education, and philanthropy.
- Review new assignment content briefs and rapidly turn around polished work.
- Work closely with the SEO Growth Lead to track and analyze reader metrics via Google Analytics, our own database, and more to guide strategies.
- Leverage Bold.org’s proprietary data and internal research and insights.
- Become an expert in Bold.org’s content management system, managing the entire publication process from start to finish.
- Provide and receive thoughtful feedback, iterating quickly to meet publishing standards.
- Create and own the Bold.org publishing roadmap.
- Collaborate with our Growth and Operations teams to share your published work across Bold.org marketing channels.
- Represent the Bold.org brand and mission of fighting student debt to hundreds of thousands of students, recent graduates, and donors.
- Be the steward of our vision and values across everything you publish
Who You Are
- An exceptional writer. You have extensive experience writing for academic contexts. You also ideally have experience in Internet writing (e.g. you publish on your own blog). You are able to produce high-quality written work quickly.
- A strong researcher. You have experience finding trustworthy primary and secondary sources. You ground your work in reliable research and statistics. You are comfortable doing basic data analysis in programs like Excel or Google Sheets.
- Creative. You can take the Bold.org brand voice and values and creatively adapt it to your writing. You are a strong storyteller.
- Polished. You write with polished, academic grammar and have an extremely strong attention to detail.
- Growth-minded. You love growing things. You always look to improve.
- Collaborative. You give feedback directly and receive feedback thoughtfully and easily.
- An exceptional individual contributor. You excel at learning quickly and figuring things out yourself.
- Driven. We’re a small team and growing quickly. We all wear multiple hats. We take joy in our work and pride in our mission. To excel in this role, you must be excited by all of this!
- Kind. You’re generally a pleasure to work with. We value our culture and don’t make compromises on this.
- This will be a project-based role to start, with compensation based on completed assignments. This role pays $99 per completed piece with an expectation of at least 2 pieces a week. It has the potential to grow into a full-time role for the right person.
- There is no fixed working schedule for this role and you can work whichever hours work best for you as long as you are completing on average 2 pieces a week.
- We are fully remote – you can work wherever you’re most productive.